[Mill] Trans World Steel Vhm-728 Vertical/horizontal Milling Machine

Some guys have all the luck. Hope you make good use of it. Nope that baby's gonna be a part of your shop for ever. That little baby will do tons of jobs , don't underestimate her quality or abilities. Wish I had the same kind of luck . I'm jealous YUPP wish it was mine.

Great score Mike.
Yup you stole it at that price!

Those worm-drive saws are great, with the blade on the left it is much easier for right-handers to actually see the blade and cut line. They are also heavier and torquier....

In fact, I have never understood why most saws have the blade on the right. They always feel like a "left-handed saw" to me.

Congratulations!
-brino

Last edited:
Great score Mike.
Yup you stole it at that price!
Those worm-drive saws are great, with the blade on the left it is much easier for right-handers to actually see the blade and cut line. They are also heavier and torquier....
In fact, I have never understood why most saws have the blade on the right. They always feel like a "left-handed saw" to me.
Congratulations!
-brino
Thank you Brino!
i still have another skill 77 that was my grandfathers, but it's much older possibly 1940's wartime or slightly older.
it runs on 115 vac or 115 vdc, common for the time of manufacture from what i understand.
the old saw needs some lovin' the motor is kinda weak to todays standards of power, but it sure sounds nice when it's working.
i agree with your sentiments regarding the blade placement on most saws being "left handed".
i stand to the left of the blade when i cut, the cut view port on my other saws are usually not visible and i use the "Force" to do most of my cuts.
i'm trying real hard to be a Jedi, but the blade being on the correct side will turn a novice into intermediate in a few cuts!

Some guys have all the luck. Hope you make good use of it. Nope that baby's gonna be a part of your shop for ever. That little baby will do tons of jobs , don't underestimate her quality or abilities. Wish I had the same kind of luck . I'm jealous YUPP wish it was mine.
Thank you Silverbullet,
it was a combination of luck and luck that i got this little baby.
almost divine intervention now that i look at it.
the probability of a new machine from the early 80's landing in my garage, is astronomical- there were not many made and to get a pristine example astounds me.
the Taiwanese are good machine manufacturers, i have no issue with the quality of the mill :)

i'll tell you a secret,
you can find things too, just keep a tireless search- then have a friend tell you (or send a link to) where it is ;)

Wow,
Great find. I'm green with envy.:) good luck and I know it has a excellent keeper now.
Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great score on the mill, and thanks for posting the video. The horizontal feature should be very handy. Cheers, Mike

Wow,
Great find. I'm green with envy.:) good luck and I know it has a excellent keeper now.
Cheers
Martin
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you Martin, i feel very luck to have such a nice machine!

Great score on the mill, and thanks for posting the video. The horizontal feature should be very handy. Cheers, Mike
Thank you Mike!
i'm thinking of a project as we speak to utilize the horizontal arbor for testing purposes
i'll be sure to insert videos of the machining processes upon completion.

Cool little machine, and looked to be in great shape. Forgot to tell you yesterday at your shop tour YOU SUCK!!!

Cool little machine, and looked to be in great shape. Forgot to tell you yesterday at your shop tour YOU SUCK!!!
Thank You Jon, it was a pleasure to have you here.
you are welcome here anytime :grin:

Back