Travers Free Shipping Caution

I've always got free shipping from Travers, but that's cause I have a local Travers outlet, I just walk in to place my order. ;)

I haven't purchased from them in a while though. Personally I am not a fan of them but to be fair it's just my experiences with the local Travers as well as their prices.

I had a local Rutland & I prefered going there instead. The Rutland turned into MSC & I still much rather go to MSC, much better prices.

I still get their monthy flyers. This month's free shipping & free gift code is SHIPSET49. Expires 4/30. The free gift is a set of Bondhus SAE/metric stubby ball end L hex wrench set.

Hmm, maybe I'm going to have to find something to buy now!

Nevermind the shipping, beware of high prices. :) Travers has some good tools and their own TTC brand, Import quality for USA prices.
I threw the Travers catalog in the garbage. They wanted to charge me $12.00 to ship a drill bit., and I'm only 19 miles away.

Nevermind the shipping, beware of high prices. :) Travers has some good tools and their own TTC brand, Import quality for USA prices.
I threw the Travers catalog in the garbage. They wanted to charge me $12.00 to ship a drill bit., and I'm only 19 miles away.

I often used to hear people say that Enco cared about the smaller hobby guys & the rest didn't. MSC has been trying to do just that IMHO. Travers could care less like the others. And I rather buy from the others.

BTW, if you have an Enco merged account with MSC. Shipping is always free over $50, no code needed.

Will, my experience with MSC is horrible. I have bought from them several times, shipping is expensive and their discount codes are almost worthless. Guess I am buying the wrong things and I am not a grandfathered Enco person. I now don't even bother with them now.

Ref. Travers - give All Industrial a look see. Their website is evolving warp speed. Huge improvements since January. Look up what you want on Travers and use the travers stock number on the All Industrial website and you will find it immediately. Free shipping for orders more than 49 bucks and the pricing is very good. They sell on ebay and Amazon but they are higher on these stores vs. their website.

I just bought 3 variations of Aloris BXA tool holders from them and the pricing was attractive.

Alan, I have heard of bad MSC experiences but I personally have never had any. When Enco was around I still used to by from MSC from time to time but only on sale days. They were expensive like everyone knows them to be.

But after they closed Enco things changed. Their logged in pricing became much better. Often but not always MSC is cheaper than anywhere else I can find & they carry everything like Enco, not just machining related. Places like All Industrial are great & I buy from them too but they don't carry everything.

As I mentioned I have a local MSC outlet so I can walk in & order something that is not in stock at that location & they bring it in for free. And my sales guy always checks to see if he can give me more discount. But even though I placed 2 orders online this month. Fast & free shipping, no problems whatsoever.

Sometimes the discount codes won't apply anything cause my logged in price is already marked down. Keep in mind their discount codes don't always work dependi g on the item & tbeir profit margin, their discounts are "up to x%", it's always been like that since I've been shopping with them. One reason why they probably closed Enco, with Enco I'm sure they lost money on certain products on sale days.

One thing I do not like about MSC is if you pay cash in the store & return something. You have to wait for a check in the mail to get your refund. 2 times now that I had to return something & I always had to call to follow up on the refund.

If you pay cash, you should get cash back immediately. That would keep me from doing cash with them.
I have not bought anything from MSC since they closed ENCO. They sent me a questionaire on why not. I still find their prices higher.

If you pay cash, you should get cash back immediately. That would keep me from doing cash with them.
I have not bought anything from MSC since they closed ENCO. They sent me a questionaire on why not. I still find their prices higher.

Exactly, they can't even do store credit. Seems like MSC did not think though their outlet stores policies. I hate that & it's stupid. Cash returns have to go through their accounting dept in NV. I pay cash cause I need to & I don't mess with plastic anymore.

For me it's been opposite. I started buy much more from MSC after they closed Enco, not cause I don't have a choice but because they give me good pricing & it's convenient for me being local.

I just don't understand why they don't give everyone the same service & pricing. But then again places like Grainger & Fastenal do the same.

Msc is a mixed bag. They have a great selection but pricing isn't the best on a lot of items. Forget special orders.
If Msc doesn't list something but a brand says they are the distributor, expect to pay a hefty price. Let's say that you want a Noga part or
something not in the general catalog, they double the price! I recently got a letter from the CEO of sales at Msc saying they will now have
super instant savings, discounts and free shipping. Free shipping..cool, but super savings and discounts? Yes, certain tools and supplies are sold at
a great price, I buy from Msc, but when you show list prices then discount from that, it's not really a discount or a super savings deal. It's an illusion.
So, bottom line for me, keep shopping around. You can usually find what you want at a good price somewhere...unless of course, you have money to burn. :)
(Msc caters to big shops and industry)., so I'm glad they have a nice full catalog and a pretty good website for finding tools.

Exactly, they can't even do store credit. Seems like MSC did not think though their outlet stores policies. I hate that & it's stupid. Cash returns have to go through their accounting dept in NV. I pay cash cause I need to & I don't mess with plastic anymore.

For me it's been opposite. I started buy much more from MSC after they closed Enco, not cause I don't have a choice but because they give me good pricing & it's convenient for me being local.

I just don't understand why they don't give everyone the same service & pricing. But then again places like Grainger & Fastenal do the same.

Received in the mail yesterday an offer to get better pricing from MSC by signing up on their website. I guess the fact that I was purchasing elsewhere yanked their chain a little.
I might give it a try. But I have a feeling they will be yanking my chain.

Back