Tread mill motor

After seeing what can be done with treadmill motors I’ve been on the hunt for one , I found a free one on CL and here it is.
I don’t think it’s reversible as the brushes are at a slight angle. The flywheel fan didn’t want to come off , I found one of the resistors legs on the card broken , should be able to solder it back together.
I guess my question is what will I have to get to make it work for ?? A belt sander ?.
Thanks for any / all advice
8DCD1B4D-FA81-4EE3-8743-41E531EA11B0.jpeg773D7458-861B-4F11-974D-7CAD7A6E7F84.jpeg075CB4F7-2080-478B-BC61-26C3E3F2F2EE.jpeg068D93D0-A5F0-4D48-ABA2-6C9EFECDFDD6.jpeg2562A916-844A-4B06-8D51-BE6BAFA5030E.jpeg682EDF7D-7CE5-4784-98DE-DEA09FB0EFA2.jpeg

With the circuit above the motor will slow down with heavier cuts- no load regulation like the fancier controllers, but it is cheap and simple.
m

For my honey extractor I removed what controlled the little motor that raised and lowered the treadmill angle, but not being sure what was what, I left the rest pretty much intact. I made a wood and metal box to house the transformer and cir uit board, and made an extended wire harness to connect to the motor, only because it's convenient for me to have the control panel on the kitchen table while I'm uncapping frames of honey. I can just reach over and increase toe speed or turn off if there is a problem. The soft start is great for my use, as well as the tab that acts as a kill switch.
By using all of the original stuff, I didn't have to build any circuitry or spend a lot of money I have another motor and controls that I will probably use on my old school scrollsaw.

Hey Tony: I always thought it would be cool to have a couple hives- It would be interesting to see your honey extractor device
mark

Firstly - apologies to the OP for digressing on this thread

This was my first and only hive. My friend who has a dozen or so hives advised me to get Flow Hive.

I have a small Flow Hive with 3 flow frames and 4 normal frames in the super. I leave the normal frames for the bees and only harvest from the flow frames.

Harvesting is as easy as the video. The only thing I would do is add a shelf to the rear of the brood box to put the container on.

cheers Warren

Back