Treadmill Motor & it;s uses

The sparks are normal when it is run in reverse the brushes get seated one way and when you reverse it they dont make as good of contact if you take them out and file them flat they will not spark as much for a while anyway.. Ray

The board on the left is the motor speed controller, the board on the right is the controller for the incline. You would need both for what you want to do.
If I understand, you want the treadmill motor to run the drill and the incline to lift the table, right?
build a control pannel for a 5k ohm linear pot to replace the slider for motor speed, subsiytute switches for the incline controls on the console.

Chuck

The 10K pot would probably work if it is linear taper as opposed to audio taper. I'd try it if I had it. Can't help much on the incline motor as it is AC and don't get along with that! Though it looks like I have the same motor, controller and incline motor from a Freecycle treadmill. The motor and cntrller are on my X2 mill and working great. The incline motor is under the bench gathering dust. I don't believe I saved the incline control board.

Chuck

Some of the Treadmill Motors have the brushes set at an angle and won't last long in reverse. If the brushes are 90 deg to the shaft then it is fine in reverse.

Where the origional control panel slider connects to the controller there are 3 connections, right? Should be marked H-W-L for High, Wiper, and Low. These correspond to the 3 connections on the pot. One outside is High, center is Wiper, and other outside is Low. If speed increases when pot is turned conter clockwise, reverse the H and L connections.

Chuck

Looking at the motor controller only, is it marked MC-60? It looks identical to mine. I have disconnected everything from it and connected AC with a off-on switch, the motor, and the pot directly to just the motor controller board. If it is not a MC-60 controller, I may be misleading you.

Chuck

I thought I had pictures of my setup, but can't find them. I'll take some more and post them for you.

Chuck

On your schematic you will see 3 wires running from the power board to the controller board. Circled in red. these are the wires you remove and replace with the pot. Red and black go to the outside terminals on the pot and white is the center, swap red and black to change the rotation of the pot.

Brian

pic02598.jpg

There is no slider, there are 8 wires going from the power board to the control board labeled: Black Ground, Red 8-12vdc, Green Tach. Pulsing 5vdc, Blue PWM..0-5vdc, Orange Incline Up 5vdc, Yellow Incline Down 5vdc, Violet Incline Sensor 5v Pulse, Black Ground.

View attachment 54768

View attachment 54769

View attachment 54770

pic02598.jpg

The attached picture is my spare MC-60 controller,

spare1.JPG
Top left is the AC in, with the treadmill circuit breaker in the black line. Top right is the motor connection, Red+, Black-. Wire in a double pole double throw center off switch to reverse the motor if necessary.
Botom of the board are three terminals marked H, W, and L . This is where you connect the pot. H to one outside terminal, W to cwnter terminal, and L to other outside terminal. If direction that the pot turns to increase/decrease speed of the motor is reversed, reverse the wires on H and L.
Is that clearer?

Chuck

edited to correct spelling

spare1.JPG

Back