Trials and tribulations with an ol' logan ward

Shouldn't be too difficult to fit a replacement- most of the motors made in the last 75 years are pretty standard.
It's most likely some version of a 56 frame with a side mount 4 bolt foot- pix?
-Mark

When I re-powered my Logan 200, I used a 56 Frame motor. Here's a reference for standard
motor dimensions so you can check:

Logan specified 1/3 or 1/2 HP motors for the early 10" lathes. A 1/2" is adequate, though some
folks prefer 3/4. Anything more is a waste since you'll just slip the belts.

Or break something. "If some's good more's better" does not apply to lathes and their motors. Putting a larger than recommended motor on any machine is just asking for trouble.

Up into the early 1950's, the most common side-mounted motor frame size up through about 1/2 or 3/4 HP was the 48. Since then, the 56 is the most common. The only significant difference is that a 48 has a 1/2" output shaft diameter. A 56 will be 5/8" diameter.

Update: I took the motor into an old school shop. The mechanic was excited to work on an old motor and appreciated the idea of keeping my lathe original. He ended up having to replace the bearings, capacitor (at no additional cost) along with the wiring. I feel like he gave me a good deal and it was a lot cheaper than buying new. Thanks everyone for your feedback and help. she's finally running.

Update: I took the motor into an old school shop. The mechanic was excited to work on an old motor and appreciated the idea of keeping my lathe original. He ended up having to replace the bearings, capacitor (at no additional cost) along with the wiring. I feel like he gave me a good deal and it was a lot cheaper than buying new. Thanks everyone for your feedback and help. she's finally running.
That’s awesome Lumps! My machines are my sanity. I’m making parts for an atlas horizontal mill right now. Every hour in the shop is a gift. Enjoy the Logan

Back