Trigger pulled

NavyShooter

Registered
Registered
Well, I called Matt today and pulled the trigger on a 1030.

All I have to worry about now is the shipping....the cross-border brokerage has me concerned....we'll see how that works out.

Pictures to follow when it arrives. I'm looking forward to getting this up and running.

NS

Congrats, and enjoy your new toy!

And looking forward to your pics. :)

Halifax -EH? heck we'll just run it up the coast on a fast boat, meet you at the beach. (how much ice is there?)

There's a couple of active posts going about shipping goods into Canada.
Just tried to find the one about the fact that the lathe's origin is in Taiwan or China and that seems to help.
Then it's just a matter of scoring a decent broker.

And it shipped today....I got a tracking number (not in the system yet) and the details to bring to CBSA to self declare.

We'll see how this goes!

Oh, and in one of the local buy-and-sell F-book groups, I found this for $95 bucks to help me move it around:

41u7Y06jhnL._SX355_.jpg

Oh, and in one of the local buy-and-sell F-book groups, I found this for $95 bucks to help me move it around:

View attachment 258868
That's an exxcceellent deal on one of those, I paid $300.00 on sale as none were for sale on CL the day I needed one.

Hope it's as nice as the one in the picture.

When I moved my lathe I was able to wrap the lifting strap through the holes in the cast iron bed long ways, I moved the apron/compound and the tail stock as far right as they would go and removed the chuck, I then picked it up to test the balance and with a few minor adjustments to the strap I got it almost perfectly balanced and no chance of it turning turtle on me.

IMG_3827A.jpg

That engine hoist will move the 1030 very easily, I see the 1030 has those same holes so it should work the same..

Cheers.

David.

Last edited:
Shipment left Portland Maine this afternoon, and I got a call from UPS regarding self-clearing it.

It looks like the total on my costs will be:
$2850.93 (US) lathe + accessories
= $3689.80 Cdn
+ 15% HST Tax = $553.47
+ $70-$90 Bond storage fee with UPS

Total will be right around $4330 Cdn to my door.

I'll post the exact totals once I've paid them.

NS

Back