Trouble in tool paradise

Norseman C.B.

Registered
Registered
Recently purchased an r8 er-32 collet set on E-bay and was surprised to receive it nearly a week earlier that estimated,woo-hoo !
Took it out and chucked up an end mill to check run out, TIR was 4-5 tenths, doable fer me...
Then I went to remove the collet and tool and the dang closer nut popped off the collet leaving the collet and the end mill stuck in the receiver
had to bang it out with a soft punch, figgered it might be a fluke so, I chucked up another one, then a couple more, same deal :rolleyes: ...
Now in process of trying to get this predicament sorted out, and contacted them through E-bay first response was they wanted a video of the problem, told them I
don;t have that ability I wish for refund or replace, second response was we give you ten dolla off plice and you keep, I say no dice, replace, or refund price, and you pay return postage, third response, we give you harf plice refund and you keep, I say I don't want to keep useless tools and want refund or replace with usable tool, I also suggested they scrutinize their quality control dept. to avoid this type of problem, and waiting to see what they want to do now.....
I am now going to eat the the bowl of therapeutic chocolate pudding my wife has prepared me because of this stress full situation........................:frown:

Last edited:
Yes I know how to use them, and this is the first set I've purchased for me personally. That is why I wanted the unit replaced, it dosn't release due to **** poor
sizing and equally **** poor QC................

Last edited:
I would do the same - replace or refund, just on principle. I would use an aftermarket nut on the chuck anyway to improve run out but that's not the point.

Sounds sucky.

Was this a direct from Asia special or something stocked domestically?

As fast as it came to me it must have been warehoused here in the U.S.
but all the communications have come from China..
E-Bay says if it is not resolved by the 1st. they will step in, we'll see how it goes ...............:dunno:

Up date Response from China;

Really sorry. As it would be troublesome for both of us if you return the item back. How about we refund you $45? Hope your soon reply. Have a nice day. Regards.

My reply last nite;

Good Lord people !! Do you have no honor ??? I gave you the purchase price you asked for and received from you a useless item !! All I have asked of you is that you send me a replacement of this unusable item or refund the purchase price !! It is a matter of principal here, and you seem to have none !! I will say this again, send me a usable replacement or refund the purchase price !!!!!!! How hard is that to understand ??

We shall see what develops from here..............

For your protection make sure that you report the problem to ebay or there is a chance that the seller will push you past the "refund date" with the email stalling tactis and ebay will NOT do anything to help you unless you reported it before that end date.

Thanks for the tip but these communications have been through E-Bays return system page
and tomorrow I will hand the ball over to them as per their instructions and see what they will do...................

Pretty much SOP for China and other Asian sellers - if you get what you ordered, great. If not they try all sorts of delaying tactics (send a picture; send a video; etc.) and then offer you half or less of what you paid - or require you to return it for 'inspection' and the shipping back is more than the item cost.

Lesson learned: prefer USA suppliers even for a little more money and if there is a problem immediately request a refund though eBay and/or cancel the credit card transaction. Sometimes you get lucky.

If you get 'stuck' do not hesitate to leave negative feedback.

Stu

Back