TTS Tool Holders

RJSakowski

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have been feeling a shortage of TTS ER20 collet chucks of late. One would think that 10 collet chucks and 8 end mill holders would be sufficient but four of them are permanently dedicated to dial indicators, edge finders and center scribes and another four have tooling for making p.c. boards. However, Tormach's $50 price tag has been holding me back.

A few days back, I ran across an eBay seller offering TTS ER20 holders for$19. Buying four would reduce the price to $14.24 each. I figured at that price, they probably would be less than spectacular but I could used them for my indicators , edge finder, etc and free up my goof collet chucks so I ordered four five days ago. With tax and shipping the bill was just over $75.

They arrived today and I set about evaluating them. The fit and finish was as good as any I have seen. Then I checked runout, using my mill/drill. First, I measured the spindle/R8 collet runout using a 3/4" pin and determined that it was essentially zero. Next, I checked the runout of the taper of the collet chuck in two places and it was less than .0001" in both. My assessment is than the collet chucks are equal or better than any of my current chucks. And this at 35% of what the Tormach chucks would be.

The vendor is Taiwanese and apparently also the manufacturer. I will be looking to see what other offerings might be of interest.
www.icarbide.com

Thanks for the link RJ, I’ve also been looking for more TTS style holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at their other offerings on eBay; lots of collet related "stuff". Sounds like from your evaluation they have the correct equipment and QC in place to make good tool holders. Their versions for the ATC are a little higher, but still well under Tormach's price. Thanks for posting.

Bruce

Back