Turret Lathe Mentor Needed (hoped For)

I too ran lodge and shipleys and warner and swasies 40 years ago during my apprenticeship I will help if you have specific questions. some of the pictures I can identify some not. From the top left picture 1 I don't know #2 appears to be some kind if chuck or parts to the travel stop #3 expanding die head, set it to size and depth there should be a trip lever on the back when it lever it opens up allowing you to remove it from the part without reversing. #4 the turret tool holders come with built in follower rests to hold accurate size. #5 round part could be a close up stop or boring bar square tool tool holder for tailstock turret #6 don't know #7 could be a length stop. #8 taper shank drill holder has adapters that the drill fits into then locks on a flat on the od of the adapter. #9,10,11,12 no idea, #13 no idea sorry and thanks bill

It's a shame that the bar feed is gone. And the collets are missing on your turret lathe. One of the best things about turrets was that once the bar was loaded you could run a part then cut if off then run the next part without stopping the machine. Also the rear toolpost could be timed to a tool in the front to hold very close lengths. Sometime we would time more then one tool . Like making a bushing and chamfering both the Inside and outside at the same time. I even have a W&S collet chuck that you can bore to take short pieces up to 6 inches dia. I can remember running the same part for months. My right arm was about 1 inch larger then my left from using the turret all the time.
Jimsehr

Back