Two parts needed for 13" LeBlond.

Galane

Registered
Registered
I have a WW2 era 13" LeBlond 'trainer'. It needs the feed reverse idler gear in the headstock. One tooth is broken off.

It also needs the end support for the leadscrew and feed rod, or I could make one with a dimensioned drawing.

I don't have a serial number because for some reason Idaho State University ground it off the pad at the right end of the bed and engraved their own asset number, also scratched ISU and the number into the paint on the headstock dial. I know it's WW2 vintage from the remains of the WAR FINISH label on the headstock.

I'd love to get some good pictures of those labels so I can make a reproduction to put on the lathe after it's restored.

I have a WW2 era 13" LeBlond 'trainer'. It needs the feed reverse idler gear in the headstock. One tooth is broken off.

It also needs the end support for the leadscrew and feed rod, or I could make one with a dimensioned drawing.

I don't have a serial number because for some reason Idaho State University ground it off the pad at the right end of the bed and engraved their own asset number, also scratched ISU and the number into the paint on the headstock dial. I know it's WW2 vintage from the remains of the WAR FINISH label on the headstock.

I'd love to get some good pictures of those labels so I can make a reproduction to put on the lathe after it's restored.

Just lett'n you know, this is quite a tease. We don't mind looking at lathes before the restoration is finished :impatient:.

Someone with a TIG welder could probably build-up that gear tooth. Anyhow, if that was a war horse, I'm surprised it only needs a couple parts.

Post some pics please...

Ray

The oiling system in the head stock is a splash so before you start it up be sure and oil the head stock bearings so they don't start dry.

I have a 1953 13" and I have to do it, Also LeBlond is still around and very helpfull so you mite shoot them a email and see if they can help you.

Paul

Email dengle@leblondusa.com

Also LeBlond is still around and very helpfull expensive so you mite shoot them a email and see if they can help you.

Paul

Email dengle@leblondusa.com

Fixed that for you. ;)

Pics of the lathe and two broken gears. 40 and 20 teeth, 14 DP, 5/16" face width, don't know PA. Could cut them down then bore out replacement gears to toothed rings to attach to the original hubs. The big one isn't just a simple gear, it's on a spool type part with a gear on each end.

Dunno why LeBlond made the gears so thin in the 13".

Fixed that for you. ;)

Pics of the lathe and two broken gears. 40 and 20 teeth, 14 DP, 5/16" face width, don't know PA. Could cut them down then bore out replacement gears to toothed rings to attach to the original hubs. The big one isn't just a simple gear, it's on a spool type part with a gear on each end.

Dunno why LeBlond made the gears so thin in the 13".

It will be 14 1/2 degree. Earl

I have a pdf of a photocopied manual of sorts, it's of the same vintage as your machine, 123 pages, I'm not sure if it's OK to post such a thing here or not, but if its something that would be useful to you PM me and I'll send it along.

LeBlond.JPG

Would anyone know if it's OK to upload this to the file section or not ? the Copyright is 1948.

LeBlond.JPG

Don B,

Uploading a manual of that vintage should be OK. I just took a quick look in the LeBlond section and didn't see anything on a 13". Go ahead and upload it and I'll take a quick look to be sure.

Robert D.

Back