Two phishing emails - same alleged transaction

I answered a call once and told the guy I was tracing the call and location and I was going to hunt him down. He said "Good luck Tim, Good luck" and promptly hung up.

Must be that time of the year. Just answered two ads for trailers. Renting a Uhaul to go to Atlanta and told my wife's boss that was BS. She didn't buy a cargo van like I told her to a few years ago. Instead bought a pickup. Been fighting the weather ever since. Answered a Facebook post for a 12x 16 enclosed for $800 and a Craigslist post for a 7 X 16 enclosed, $1K. Both are going through Ebay Motors. You pay, they hold the money in escrow and deliver the trailer. You have 5 days to look it over and confirm purchase. Got the invoice. They want to be paid in Ebay cards,1, or Ebay and Best Buy cards, the other. Invoices are totally different. Called Ebay and they don't have an escrow arraignment. Some auctions take the whole list of payments, some take money order. The order numbers don't show up in the Ebay database. I informed both sellers that the only way I was interested was to go see the vehicle and title and pay with PayPal. Haven't heard from either in response.
I'm also getting the Amazon "fixes" stated above. It's hard to fix an account when you don't have one.

I have been getting similar robo-calls this past week. One was my electric bill is over due and my service is going to be shut off. Another was about a $1500 Mac Book purchase off Amazon.

Had another one yesterday, managed to waste 23 mins of his time before I let rip.
It was a bit disappointing as he never said a word just hung up in the middle of it.
I know where all the calls originate from.
Our major telecom company sent all its data to India some years ago to set up its call centre.
The database was copied and sold to these lowlifes.
The give away is they always ask if I'm me@old address, obviously I say yes knowing I havnt been with that telco for at least 10 years

I forget which YouTuber does this, but he does a voice changer as an old lady and just messes with the scammers. It’s pretty funny and you kind of feel like you are along for the ride. Very satisfying watching them lose their minds to this “old lady.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a youtube white hat hacker that hacks into scammers computers while they are on the phone. He plants a bomb on their computer so when all is said and done they have a nicely reformatted primary partition.

Mark Rober (on Youtube) has also been 'white hat' ing against scammers and it is hilarious!

There is a youtube white hat hacker that hacks into scammers computers while they are on the phone. He plants a bomb on their computer so when all is said and done they have a nicely reformatted primary partition.

Mark Rober (on Youtube) has also been 'white hat' ing against scammers and it is hilarious!
Think I've watched one of those videos. In one of the videos, the hacker victim actually deletes files from the remote computer. It was both funny and frightening at the same time. Wouldn't want to cross that hacker!

@WobblyHand It would be a good idea to never cross any competent hacker; Most computer systems are wide open to a variety of techniques.

Back