Two stroke compression ignition engine

ybyo

Registered
Registered
Dear all,

I started to this project literally in 2011. But that was searching, reading and gathering info phase. I came across with mini diesels or more right definition "compression ignition" engines on web, got very excited.
Then military service, marriying etc phase 1.5 year lag :)
Anyway, basically my engine is modified bollaero 1.8 which is a very known free design. I changed it to metric, made CAD assembly and started machining 3 years ago, 2014.

This was my first IC engine, i have made steams before but i reached another area and found that i've read just a little about these new stuff... Too many tryings, bended pins, conrods, leakings.... I even don't have to mention about finding ETHER ! I was just to getting in depression. And more read about "lapping". I knew it but not sure about its importance. Thanks to modelenginenews.org , valic000 on youtube and more other guys, forums, postings, i have managed it stabilized at last.

This is my little guy people ;
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL7K9EgrIx8

One more compression ignition engine? Ermm i have to think about it :)

Dear all;

I added ball bearings to crankcase and made another crankshaft + dynamic balancing (not perfect but as close as i can get),
I used oil sealed ball bearing for inner one to reduce pressure leakage in the crankcase, i'm very satisfied with results so far i did.
I will measure revolution with a propeller next.

Here with the prop 9x6 @4600 rpm ;

I wrote few notes in the description, it is basically slower then my previous video because i downgraded kerosene ratio to ~%30. I will use this 200mL mix to adjust joints to each other, dont want to take risk , it is getting hotter after :)

Back