Two Timer Build

The water pump is installed and I am happy to say there are no more leaks around the shaft.
This worked surprisingly well as I thought I may have a problem adjusting the packing nut to get it just right but that was not the case.
IMG_0550.JPG

Thanks for looking
Ray

First a few pictures.
IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_0562.JPG
IMG_0563.JPG

As you can see I installed a radiator, cooling fan, collection tank and the connected piping.
I found that the ignition module for the two cylinder engines draws an huge amount of current and so the batterys only last a short period of time. I am researching a different battery size but because of the amp draw I am now running the cooling fan off a wall wart. If I find some different batterys that will change.

Here is the video

At this time I am calling the build complete and wish to thank everyone for their support.
With over 4000 views, 121 pictures and 10 pages of thread I hope you enjoyed the journey.

Thanks for looking
Ray

That’s just too cool for words, Ray! What a superb project and execution. Top shelf, no question :encourage:

-frank

Batteries...

Get a small permanent magnet motor and a diode.

Correct motor will become a generator, loop of wire moving in magnetic field generates electricity.

Motor with comutator may not work properly depending on pole count they may switch too fast.

Rc car motor may have fewer poles and have more output.

Just dig through a collection of motors and with a drill motor to turn them see which one has good output.

We got a Stirling engine from Amazon that has a DC generator on it that makes a LED. glow.

Just another add on...

Or, do came as lawnmower engine.

Have magnets in flywheel for magneto and a coil of wire that picks up voltage, this goes to rectifier/regulator to charge battery.

You could do same, magnets on something that turns. Coil of wire to generate.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

what's the music sound. Is that the springs, or the pushrods (under tension) making the sound.
Fantastic build. Is the battery draw high because there is no magneto? There is a coil right? Could you put magnets on the flywheel and generate pulse that way.

See post # 54 it shows the dual spark ignition module. Since it has two separate coils it uses twice the current of the single spark units. I am using three AA size lithium Ion batteries in series to produce just under 12 volts. When the voltage drops to under 6V the module shuts off and no spark.

I will usually not run the engine for long periods of time anyway so the fan will not be needed but it is available when I do want it.

Thanks again
Ray

Back