[4]

Two tractors are good, threes bound to be better?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

macrnr

Active User
Registered
Well, I have owned a Case 440 L for ten years now, and I just brought home a 1968 Ford 3000. I started tearing into the Ford this weekend and I have made very good progress. My next door neighbor of 30 years came by today and told me has a new job in Portland Oregon, and he gave me his 1972 Oliver White Backhoe! It is old and ugly but it works. I don't quite know what to think.

Tamper84

Active User
Registered
Sounds like a good neighbor!!! Do you have any pictures of the new haul?

Chris

Turbinedoctor

Active User
Registered
From what I understand Olivers were some pretty good tractors. Looking forward to pictures.

macrnr

Active User
Registered
6' of fresh snow means no tractor this weekend.:dunno:

macrnr

Active User
Registered
no 6", oops:nuts: Still snowing. Wrecked my weekend.

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
no 6", oops:nuts: Still snowing. Wrecked my weekend.
Thats the best time to play with tractors, unless you do what I did and drive around in 2ft of snow and run over a cultivator and destroy your front tire. :angry:

DSC005075-1.jpg

macrnr

Active User
Registered
Thats the best time to play with tractors, unless you do what I did and drive around in 2ft of snow and run over a cultivator and destroy your front tire. :angry:
Rained all day yesterday, with 6" of snow on top. It is a total muddy mess outside today, I think I will stay in the house.

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
Rained all day yesterday, with 6" of snow on top. It is a total muddy mess outside today, I think I will stay in the house.
Ive got a swamp too, I have a trailer behind my pickup that Id like to put back in its spot but who knows when its going to dry out. We have heavy clay ground. When its wet its muck. When its dry its concrete.

macrnr

Active User
Registered
It is old & ugly, but it starts, runs, stops & digs. Needs rubber & at least a weekend of welding, one of the stabilizer cylinders is leaking pretty bad but nothing too major. My two brother in laws "neighbors" have partnered up with me so that we can defray some of the costs. I drove it to my brother in laws house and it runs strong, the hydraulics seem strong. Looks like a good deal for a free machine.

IMG_2843.JPG IMG_2844.JPG IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2846.JPG IMG_2847.JPG

Tamper84

Active User
Registered
Looks good!!! Do you want to come and play in the Ohio mud for a while?? :lmao:

Chris

macrnr

Active User
Registered
It is old & ugly, but it starts, runs, stops & digs. Needs rubber & at least a weekend of welding, one of the stabilizer cylinders is leaking pretty bad but nothing too major. My two brother in laws "neighbors" have partnered up with me so that we can defray some of the costs. I drove it to my brother in laws house and it runs strong, the hydraulics seem strong. Looks like a good deal for a free machine.
My brother in law and I where looking at the old tractor today and we both decided we didn't have time for it. We where discussing parting it out or just scrapping it, but we decided to post it on Craigs List for 1300 bucks. Within 10 minutes it was sold.

[5] [7]