• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Ultra-Small Boring Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
1 1/2 inch Boring Head. I need one for light duty work inside of a crankcase. It will be Brass. Pic #1 shows flats for 3/4 wrench. Pic #2 Back side complete with 1/2-13 threaded mounting hole. This one is slightly altered from one by Stephen Campbell.

"Billy G" :))

Borhd 001 (750 x 563).jpg Borhd 002 (750 x 563).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, can't wait to see the finished product. We really should get together one of these days!

Marcel

Squared and ready to start the Dovetail.

Borhd (750 x 563).jpg

UH-OH -- Did not plan ahead. My smallest 45* Dovetail Cutter is tooooo big. There are other things to do though. :lmao:

"Billy G" :thinking:

DNPA (750 x 563).jpg

The parts that make the adjustments have to go somewhere. That's a 1/8 endmill and it's crankin. I'm whipped, time to stop for the day. Pick this up again tomorrow.

"Billy G"

DNPA 001 (750 x 563).jpg

A change was in my plans, so a new base is being made. I had not givin a lot of thought for the mounting of the head. I used the 1/2-13 thread to use a home grown 1/2" straight arbor. The change came about because a MT2 Arbor is available with a 1/2-20 thread and also the 3/8-16 drawrod thread for under $6.00. The new base is to the left. It will utilize a 1" wrench.

DNPA 003 (750 x 563).jpg

Bill,

Looking good! It looks like you're putting that Clausing thru it's paces. Nice job.

Steve

COOL stuff happening here Bill. Thanks for posting.

Nothing like spending quality time with your machines. The bad habits of the world just seem to disappear.

Ready again to cut the Dovetail and the pocket for the inerds. There was a discussion on using air at the machine. That can of air (Computer Stuff bought on sale) is the only air I use. I have air drops in 6 places in the shop used for air tools only.

DNPA (750 x 563).jpg

Adj. Pocket is done. Sorry about the clarity but the flash on brass is hard to control.

pocket (750 x 563).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back