• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Ultra-Small Boring Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have you know that is a portrait of my Mother-In-Law. I can say that cause I don't have one. :lmao:

"Billy G" :))

Nice work Bill!
Waiting for the conclusion!!

Billy,
You going to tell everybody why you used a 40 TPI screw ?
Spoiler Alert :*****Same TPI as micrometer*****
Found this in the bottom of tool box today.
shop tools 005.jpgshop tools 004.jpg
Not as good looking as yours but it will get the job done.
Keep up the good work. A little learning never hurts.
**********Just Saying*************Gator*************:eek:uch:

shop tools 004.jpg shop tools 005.jpg

It's here. The cutters are made in Israel. Flycutters in China and the Arbor in Japan. Tools made in Israel are usually top knotch.

Time to go shovel snow. I probably will get to this tomorrow.

"Billy G" :thinking:

ord (750 x 563).jpg

40 TPI gives you .025 per revolution of the adjustment screw.. Was this a test? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G" :whistle::whistle:

Nah no test just a observation on my part. Just though I would share your knowledge with the rest of the group.
Is that cupcake I smell on your breath ?:rofl::rofl:
Have fun with the snow it's in the 70's here.
*********Just Saying************Gator********:eek:uch:

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. Things are not always what they seem to be. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G" :whistle:

I got something done. The C/Bored 4-40 SHCS that hold the gibb in are done. That's as far as I want to go today.

"Billy G" "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

cbs (750 x 563).jpg

There are times when even a seasond machinist fouls up. This is one of those times. Last noght after doing the c/bores I left the spindle lock loose. You guessed it I forgot to look this morning and left it loose cutting dovetails. Pressure on the top of the tool while cutting forced the quill to move downward. This cut into the flange and goodbye part.

No biggie I guess I just started a new one, this time with the fancy radii. Just the tool holes and dovetail to go.

"Billy G" :dunno:

npt (750 x 563).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back