• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Ultra-Small Boring Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture #1 is the screw-up. The one on the left has the dovetail started but notice the flange. It is almost gone. Dovetail cutters cut on all edges.

Picture #2 is the catch up. We are ready to dovetail again. 2 hours lost and a lesson learned one more time. Always check the machine before you start. It will save you time. money and embarassment. Not necessarilly in that order. :lmao:

"Billy G" :whistle:

npt 001 (750 x 563).jpg npt 002 (750 x 563).jpg

Male dovetail done. Now to cut the female. The MT2 X 1/2-20 arbor fits perfect in the base.

"Billy G" :))

1tg (750 x 563).jpg

OOOOOOOO-- Look what I got. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

1tg 001 (750 x 563).jpg

Bad start today turns into a great finish, Going to the movies with the little woman. See ys later.

1tg 002 (750 x 563).jpg

Really nice Bill. The rest of us just need to figure out the math for those dovetails. Thanks!

Not to worry on the math. I am going to start a how to thread on Dovetails and how and why they are needed. It will be indepth. I just have to get all the info in one place. I will take all the mystery out.

"Billy G" :thinking:

Just foolin around, it works just fine. Anybody recognize that logo? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G" :whistle:

conck (750 x 563).jpg

Well, it is one of the symbols on the fourth album by Led Zeppelin and it is on my matching t-shirt.
Pierre

T-storms and 60 degrees right now but lake effect snow by Thursday morning! Wild winter this year.:nuts:

I love how the boring head came out. It looks even better with the fancy "radius" shoulder. :thumbzup:

-Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back