• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Ultra-Small Boring Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the dovetail on the body, all that is left is the dial and the slide. If the cutters do not arrive tomorrow I will grind a tool and Flycut the Dovetails. We are missing closer. :lmao:

"Billy G"

alm (750 x 563).jpg

Bill, I have a 3/4" 60° dovetail cutter I can loan you if it will do you any good.

Thank you for the offer Tony. UPS tracking number says they will be here Saturday. I'm all set. Again Thank you, it is appreciated.

"Billy G" :))

Well, I couldn't get it to you any sooner than that anyway, short of paying high priced Saturday delivery. It's here if you need it though.

HMMM -- I called the PO. Next day delivery on that would be $37.50. I could buy two more cutters for that price. :lmao: OK -- my morning hour in the shop is over. There are two parts left to make. The Dial (5) and the Keeper (7). I will finish the slide and make those last two parts this afternoon. All that should be left after that is the Dovetails themselves.

"Billy G" :ups:

alm 001 (750 x 563).jpg

Bored tool holes to .370 with a carbide end mill and reamed to .375. Now to the set screw holes drilled and tapped and the slide is ready for Dovetails tomorrow if tool arrives.

alm 002 (750 x 563).jpg alm 003 (750 x 563).jpg

Out of the shop for today. I got done all that I wanted to. The slide is ready to Dovetail.

"Billy G" :thinking:

bbb 001 (750 x 563).jpg bbb 002 (750 x 563).jpg

The brains (6-40 SHCS and part #4) in place. I need to make the keeper (part #7). The action is smooth at this point. If anyone wishes to build this little Boring Head I can supply the 6-40 SHCS if you can't find them.

bbb (750 x 563).jpg

Time to catch you guys up. Pic #1 is the keeper blank made from old gear blank (in arrows) Pic #2 is the Keeper blank in the mill Pic #3 Thr finished Keeper (.500X.303X.125) .070 slot. being made. Pic #4 The test fit (perfect) Pic #5 The adjustment parts installed and working extremely smooth. The SHCS in front is my spare..

bbb (750 x 563).jpg KPR 003.jpg KPR 001 (750 x 563).jpg KPR 002 (750 x 563).jpg KPR 006 (750 x 563).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the bad news (expected). UPS does not deliver on Saturday. I called and my tooling is in Watertown, 12 miles from here. They will not let me pick it up. I can have it emergency delivered for $67.75. Looks like it won't get done till Monday when my tooling gets delivered. I have gone as far as I can for now except the Dial. I want to do that last. See you Monday, same time, same channel. Good Night Mrs Kalabash whever you are.

"Billy G" :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Guv
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back