• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Ultra-Small Boring Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
That spindle is moving. That is one of two Pillar Bushings being cut. I love it when a plan comes together.

fbb (750 x 563).jpg

"Billy G" :))

fbb (750 x 563).jpg

Just foolin around, it works just fine. Anybody recognize that logo? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G" :whistle:

Ballantine Beer. As a kid, I used to run to the grocery store and pick it up for my Ukrainian grandfather all the time (and take some from the large bottles he bought)

What a great thread, very interesting and enjoyable. Also congrats on potm! Great job.

Last edited:
Congrats on the POTM Bill. I have not read it all but it is very interesting and well presented in what I have read so far. Thanks for the great contribution.
Bob

Picture #1 is the screw-up. The one on the left has the dovetail started but notice the flange. It is almost gone. Dovetail cutters cut on all edges.

Picture #2 is the catch up. We are ready to dovetail again. 2 hours lost and a lesson learned one more time. Always check the machine before you start. It will save you time. money and embarassment. Not necessarilly in that order. :lmao:

"Billy G" :whistle:

Been there.

I was once told by an old man, that

"Experiance, is something you get about 10 seconds after you need it."

BTW old man is a relative term. The "Old Man" was I think younger than I am.
Getting old kinda sucks

The boring head looks great!!

Keep up the good work Bill,

Itt

Thank you all. It is a great honor having the Boring Head named Project of the Month. ------ "Billy G"

Congratulations Bill! Well deserved POTM award! I really enjoyed this and look forward to building one myself sometime. Thanks for the effort to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back