Under Armour getting spanked today !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Down 26% saying supply chain issues . :rolleyes: I figured Nick's Fish House and the Balto. Sunpapers would've helped them out today . Guess not . :big grin:

Funny , all these companies saying the same thing . Funny thing is , why the local beer and wine, liquor stores are fully stocked . :dunno:

The thing that I do not understand regarding the stock market (actually, I do not understand most of it) is that on the nightly news they have a view
of the closing bell with all the folks at the exchange; the numbers fall a thousand points, and everyone is wildly clapping; am I missing something, or are they?

The thing that I do not understand regarding the stock market (actually, I do not understand most of it) is that on the nightly news they have a view
of the closing bell with all the folks at the exchange; the numbers fall a thousand points, and everyone is wildly clapping; am I missing something, or are they?
This has always puzzled me too. I guess on the good days they are applauding the gains. On the bad days they are applauding the close of trading before it got worse. Always something to celebrate.

Too me the stock market is a double edge sword.
It's what helped make America Great, It's what is destroying America.

It gave companies the ability to grow and prosper.
It turned into a disgusting greed machine. Everyone wants quick gains, the CEO's just try to make short term gains so they can get their bonuses and profits from their shares, then they get out (either from being fired (golden parachute) or from leaving for the next pantry raid)

Too many think the stock market is the economy. But it's not. In the 80s when companies were doing well their stocks fell... Everyone was on the raider game show.. raid the company for the assets and make more..

Last edited:
My view on Under Armour . They own all of Point Covington thru forced buy-outs . Closed up all the local businesses and are suppose to improving the area . #1 They aren't improving anything , the area is still a crap hole . Sit on their waterfront dock bar and stare at broken piers , trash floating everywhere and dodge bullets from all angles . :grin: #2 Baltimore city is " the city that bleeds and the city that breeds , not the city that reads " . Doesn't look as though Plank's vision will be coming anytime soon , but I'm sure as was said , he made out well .:rolleyes:

I find it difficult to comprehend that insider trading is illegal and yet all trading is based upon the premise that one side knows something the other doesnt.
Does this mean that if you "think" you dont know its ok to trade but if you do know then you cant trade.

The people who work at the exchanges make money whenever there is trading. It doesn't matter whether the market is rising or falling. For them, every day on the market is a good day. So of course they're happy!
John

I wish I had started buying stocks when I was 20 years old. Compounding is a great thing! The S&P averages better than 10% per year return! Inflation is a tax on those who have cash, bonds, savings accounts etc. Several of the big financial operations now offer free buying and selling of shares. They take care of all the accounting. They also sell plenty of services that they can make $ on but you don't have to buy those. I use Schwab.

My view on Under Armour . They own all of Point Covington thru forced buy-outs . Closed up all the local businesses and are suppose to improving the area . #1 They aren't improving anything , the area is still a crap hole . Sit on their waterfront dock bar and stare at broken piers , trash floating everywhere and dodge bullets from all angles . :grin: #2 Baltimore city is " the city that bleeds and the city that breeds , not the city that reads " . Doesn't look as though Plank's vision will be coming anytime soon , but I'm sure as was said , he made out well .:rolleyes:

I finished watching the series, “The Wire”. Yeah I know I’m a decade late to the party.

What a great drama series depicting the human toll all of the problems Baltimore has been dealing with.

Sadly, I think the same adaptation could be made for the series in most US cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back