Unidentified Inserts!

SmokeWalker

Registered
Registered
Hello,

I have some inserts from Circle Machine Co I want to use, but I don’t have a suitable holder for them. They are labeled:

“Circle Precision Inserts
Catalog No: TP 405
Grade C3: 7895
Radius: .007

S32-AE 3502-P

They are a little less than .250 inscribed circle, (that is, the circle goes past the edge a hair) they are .98 thick, and have a 20º relief.

Can anyone hook me up with a holder of some kind?

I called the number 818 357 7046, and nobody seems to be home…

SW.

You might try emailing Widia (took over Circle Machine) to see if they can cross reference that insert to the appropriate tool holder. With a nose radius of 0.007", I'm going to guess it fits a boring bar. TN7 is a cermet grade commonly used for boring inserts by CM, which would support that guess.

A photo of the inserts would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might try emailing Widia (took over Circle Machine) to see if they can cross reference that insert to the appropriate tool holder. With a nose radius of 0.007", I'm going to guess it fits a boring bar. TN7 is a cermet grade commonly used for boring inserts by CM, which would support that guess.
Yep. They have no ideas. Ever make your own insert holder?

No, I don't use carbide much except for boring bars, and I use carbide bars for that. That insert is a typical triangle insert and there is a lot of info on the net and Youtube about making holders. Shouldn't be too hard.

Back