Unimat SL1000

These are neat little lathes, I was considering one, but at the time I couldn't find one that I felt was a reasonable price for a used mini-lathe. I like little lathes so if I found one cheap enough I'd be very tempted to grab it.

Sherline does offer some support for the Unimats. Some of their chucks and other tooling can be ordered threaded for a 12mm or 14mm spindle.

like what has been said not great as a mill even with some modding,, an after market VS motor set up can do wonders..

Attachments

• IMGP0667.JPG
    IMGP0667.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
Thanks guys, this is some great advice. No plans to use it as a mill. Mill plans will be the smallest PM made. I build radio control airplanes so all small stuff in my plans/needs. More daily as I come up to speed with this cute little guy.

with my R/C model ship/boat work I find the headstock/tool holder/tailstock raising block set gets lots of use,, a shaft unit for squaring the head to tailstock speeds setups, much faster than using the center points.. I ebayed a quick change tool post set that was much nicer than expected, includes a dremel mounting fixture.. my LMS 3990 has taken over for milling needs..

Attachments

• IMGP0085.JPG
    IMGP0085.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMGP0086 (2).JPG
    IMGP0086 (2).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Nice work. Appreciate the photo of the lathe in action as well.

Back