Unimat Sl200 questions

rbahr

Registered
Registered
Hi All,

I am considering getting this, not because I need it, but because it seems pretty cool - I mean how many lathes does one need :)

What are the thoughts on a fair price for the following?

Thanks

Ray

Untitled1.jpg00z0z_kziHbecc1GGz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

You rarely see them with that many accessories- 1000$ at least
What are they asking?
-M

Last edited:
Sweet looking lathe ! Looks like quite a few extras !

The accessories alone are worth >$1,000
The machine itself about $600

If you purchased for $800 , you’ll be money ahead

I’m doing it all wrong, I purchased a DB200 and a SL1000 both with few accessories. I spent 350 for the DB, and 450 for the SL1000

The E-16 collet set and chuck alone would be 300$ or more
Not to mention the threading tooling which is rare (the red topped boxes and bar at top left of picture)
Plus I see woodworking attachments and other stuff I don't even recognize- nice deal for 800
It's a tiny lathe and limited in what it can do, but I got a lot of use and fun out of mine

Take it with you when you travel the world chasing exotic women. Late at night in your expensive hotel room, no exotics in sight,
whip out your Unimat and have a pot of coffee sent up- :cupcake:

Last edited:
It's a very well equipped DB-200. If you are in the market for, have need of, such a machine, it is well worth the asking price. If you are not in need of such a machine, it's worth a few hundred for the rare accessories. Your call there. . . The indexing head is one of those rare pieces, usable off the machine. Chucks can be adapted to larger machines, they are M12X1. I have found that Gates 5M series belts fit the pulleys quite well. The rest of the attachments are sorta ~proprietary, they don't transfer well.

Even though I sold both of mine many years ago, if one in that shape came up, I would take it. If no more than a conversation piece. . . I still have a couple of pieces that I didn't spot in the photos. They were probably there, I don't see that well dight now.

Back