Unistrut Trolley for Lathe/Mill Tooling Handling?

Was this the style of channel you used Eddy?
1518628018715.png
I had (3) 10' sticks of that. Someone lifted 'em at my last residence. (3) doubles and (6) singles... :frown:

Still have these. The one in the center still mounted is rated at 500-600lbs I believe.
The Aluminum ones on the right I would say would be suitable for welding curtains...
I need to come up with some also. Lifting the Vise or RoTab or the Lathe Chucks is approaching my limits. A jib would be safer and easier.
1518627994880.png

Before I found bargains on two Skyhooks I was going to buy one of the big HF pickup truck hoists and fashion a sort of jib crane. Fasten it to the floor and to the wall. I believe it would've worked well.

1518620178316.png

Nice job on the floor structure Eddy. That should hold most anything you would want to put on it. Mike

Was this the style of channel you used Eddy?
View attachment 258099
I had (3) 10' sticks of that. Someone lifted 'em at my last residence. (3) doubles and (6) singles... :frown:

Still have these. The one in the center still mounted is rated at 500-600lbs I believe.
The Aluminum ones on the right I would say would be suitable for welding curtains...
I need to come up with some also. Lifting the Vise or RoTab or the Lathe Chucks is approaching my limits. A jib would be safer and easier.
View attachment 258098
Dan,
Yes that's the style of channel I used. And the trolley attached to the short piece of strut looks the same too. I have reused parts of the rig a couple of times since, notably to assemble my mill in my basement shop.

View attachment 258089

Nice job on the floor structure Eddy. That should hold most anything you would want to put on it. Mike
Thanks Mike,
Actually a lot of load was also attached to the bottom of it, the space below was built out as a veterinary clinic, double layer fire stop ceiling, lots of AC duct, pipes etc. then the drop ceiling. Above was built out to a 3 BR duplex apartment.

How's this for all your trolley-ing / lifting needs?
1518714286824.png
Problem in my garage shop is that I 'parked' the Mill about 6' into the bay so that the garage door is above it when opened.
Also the 8.5' ceiling doesn't help. Going to have to rearrange and get creative. Have to come up with something.
I've got two chain falls sitting in buckets waiting, but dang by the time you hang them you working envelope is zilch.
Too big for my shop. One of them has a 14' chain on it...

Thanks Mike,
Actually a lot of load was also attached to the bottom of it, the space below was built out as a veterinary clinic, double layer fire stop ceiling, lots of AC duct, pipes etc. then the drop ceiling. Above was built out to a 3 BR duplex apartment.

Was the double layer rockwool , and doubled to stop the noise from the barking from disturbing the people above?

Was the double layer rockwool , and doubled to stop the noise from the barking from disturbing the people above?
Yes, sound infiltration was a huge concern. After the joist cavities and every possible crevice were sprayed with 2" of polyurethane foam they were indeed filled with two layers of 4" mineral wool batts. However, I was referring to a double layer of ⅝" sheetrock, it was attached to metal furring channel suspended on sound attenuation clips attached to the joists. I bark tested it with my 135 lb. Great Pyrenees "Diesel", could hear him but from the window not through the floor.

Back