Gone United States Navy ordnance go/no-go gaugez

DiscoDan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I got this collection of United States Navy go no-go gauges in a lot of stuff that I bought. I'm not sure what value there is in a mess because they're probably odd ball sizes but if somebody is interested and wants to make some kind of a trade I'm open to offers. From some of the dates that looks like they're from the late 40s early 50s.

Attachments

• 1019202106.jpg
    1019202106.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 1019202108_HDR.jpg
    1019202108_HDR.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 1019202108.jpg
    1019202108.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
That's exactly why I put it in the Trading Post instead of for sale! I just thought somebody might find it cool or interesting and have some other worthless crap to trade!

hey do you know what kind of steel it is like mild or hardened I would like those I have lots of inside outside calipers that i can trade and lots of big end mills about 7/8 and 3 in of flutes or let me know any thing you want as an trade

I'm not sure what kind of steel it is but it's definitely hardened. The file just skate right off of them. What would you do with them? I've got 5 pounds of them.

Attachments

• 16052373769427712142567797060216.jpg
    16052373769427712142567797060216.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
I'm not sure what kind of steel it is but it's definitely hardened. The file just skate right off of them. What would you do with them? I've got 5 pounds of them.
I love old iron and some would be use full as gauge blocks and hardened steel is great for projects and forging.

Last edited:
Can you post some pics of the stuff you have for trade? I probably have enough measuring stuff at This point.

All end mills USA made and lots of lathe bits mostly form tools and internal threading and lots of them are momax. I have the chart from pee dee thread wires and an aloris cxa tag adjustable needle file handle NO needle files included thread gauge is really stick but little rust needs a good degreasing and measures from 4-42 tpi or maybe trade for some dollar bills? Let me know and we can work out a deal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 13
Sorry, been a busy week. I could trade for an end mill or two if you like. Do you have a 3/4 inch single end end-mill? Then just pick another of your choosing. Shipping in a United States Post Office small flat rate box is only $8.30.

One thing I do ask is that before I start trading and sending things back and forth is that I get your dad's approval. I'm sure he'll be cool with it but I just want to make sure. He can call my cell at 410-258-1004. He can call any time.

Is there any other stuff in particular that you're looking for questionmark I always get interesting things from auctions and I just cleaned a bunch of stuff out of a home shop.

Dan

Sorry, been a busy week. I could trade for an end mill or two if you like. Do you have a 3/4 inch single end end-mill? Then just pick another of your choosing. Shipping in a United States Post Office small flat rate box is only $8.30.

One thing I do ask is that before I start trading and sending things back and forth is that I get your dad's approval. I'm sure he'll be cool with it but I just want to make sure. He can call my cell at 410-258-1004. He can call any time.

Is there any other stuff in particular that you're looking for questionmark I always get interesting things from auctions and I just cleaned a bunch of stuff out of a home shop.

Dan
Always looking for gears all the time and lots of other things especially mechanical items they are always fascinating, I will check with my dad, I have some single end 3/4 inch I will find a sharp us made one with no chips if I can and some 7/8 two flutes or if you want a radius tool for a lathe I have to many. On the last photo that is a chunk of 3/4 inch momax

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    911.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg