UNIVERSAL DIVIDING HEAD BS-2 PARTS

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hi guys.
I am not sure if this is the right forum,but here goes.

I have a Homge brand universal BS-2 deviding head missing some gear train gears and I need the four items on the bottom of the picture (2× brackets,gear mount,gear arbor and pin) that I will attach.

Screenshot_20230214-213700.jpg

Do ANYONE have drawings and messurements of these parts? I cant find it anywhere on the web or from the company.

It would not surprise me if those parts are the same as for any other manufacturer's rendition of that dividing head, that is any other Chinese or Taiwan mfg. the offsets of the gear brackets are different from the original B&S parts, I think the gears are a different pitch than the OEM gears, and are a coarser pitch. I had a Japanese clone, and that was the case with it, I reworked it to use the original brackets and gears. The one that I have now is an OEM unit that does not use the stub shaft that fits into the back end of the spindle, the OEM used a one piece shaft the replaced the normal drive center that was long enough to drive the change gears for differential indexing, it is pictured in the B&S milling book, I made one for my dividing head.

It would not surprise me if those parts are the same as for any other manufacturer's rendition of that dividing head, that is any other Chinese or Taiwan mfg. the offsets of the gear brackets are different from the original B&S parts, I think the gears are a different pitch than the OEM gears, and are a coarser pitch. I had a Japanese clone, and that was the case with it, I reworked it to use the original brackets and gears. The one that I have now is an OEM unit that does not use the stub shaft that fits into the back end of the spindle, the OEM used a one piece shaft the replaced the normal drive center that was long enough to drive the change gears for differential indexing, it is pictured in the B&S milling book, I made one for my dividing head.
You don't perhaps have any drawings with measurements for me. I want to make the parts but I must have a starting point of some kind, to save some time at least.

I don't have any of those parts anymore, I got rid of them when I modified that div. head to use the original B&S gear brackets, the only thing I do have is the shaft that comes out of the back of the div. head to drive the gears for differential indexing. I made a rough sketch of it at the time, but likely discarded it at the time, and I am presently unable to scan to computer anyway.

@Suzuki4evr
I have a newer BS2 dividing head set. I can try to get some dimensions from mine when I get a chance. Not sure if they'll be the same but it's a start

@Suzuki4evr
I have a newer BS2 dividing head set. I can try to get some dimensions from mine when I get a chance. Not sure if they'll be the same but it's a start
Hi @Mill Lee farm , you didn't perhaps have a chance to take diamentions yet? I am only asking as a reminder so there is no rush and no pressure. After all I appreciate the favour you are offering. Have a great weekend.

I’m trying to throw some quick dimensions together here…

CC0F269A-38A2-4703-B7FD-1FB3C7B5D304.jpeg22D63869-2AD2-4A36-BD66-FC233A2EC352.jpegC81C7037-5E48-4304-A55C-1349F954B6C8.jpeg259D1E51-7B59-4F1A-8E83-EEC87570B107.jpeg8F8C32B2-1169-4A7F-9835-D53D7E38FC4A.jpeg

Back