Universal tool holder extension...where can I get one the size I need?

Lemon Banjo

Registered
Registered
I am looking for a tool holder like the one pictured here:
1640201186211.png

I need the shank on it to be either 1/2" or 5/8" tall and the front end needs to be able to either 3/8" or 1/2" bits. The overall length, after it's clamped into a quick-change tool holder, needs to be about 4". It'll be going in either an AXA or BXA style quick change tool post.

Where can I find one?

Nothing wrong with that ! :encourage: Lets see what I can come up with .

Interesting . Nothing coming up on the web for that tool . Where did you find that pic ? A lot of other ways to extend a tool though .

Not that this would help you without a mill , but for small stuff ...........................plenty of these lantern types have the reach . Holders can make the big ones fit into small posts and holders also . Are you running a BXA post on a wood lathe ?

Attachments

• IMG_8894.JPG
    IMG_8894.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8895.JPG
    IMG_8895.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 92
If you have a mill there is no time like now to expand your skills. There is no reason a person that is a woodworker who is handy couldn't make the tool given the time and equipment. Good luck. We all started somewhere.

Interesting . Nothing coming up on the web for that tool . Where did you find that pic ? A lot of other ways to extend a tool though .
Some Indian company has them, as well as a place from Austrailia. I'm looking for something domestic.

I have this setup currently:
1640203152600.png

I want to replace the lantern post/boring bar setup with these:
1640203365742.png

1640203376191.png

And I'm going to be using two of these bits: one for inside, and one for outside:
1640204602350.png
1640204631985.png

The problem is the most of the extenders I've seen don't allow the reach I need, since the bit needs to hit the workpiece head-on. My workpieces are 3-4 inches deep.

Could you buy the appropriate size key stock and have a welding shop weld it to the tool holder you want. Have them TIG weld it, it's neater.

You could most likely get away with aluminum for the holder if working with wood only . Put something up in the " Can you make something for me " thread . Maybe someone on here could whip one out for you . I'm not at work until April unfortunately either I could help you out . :)

Back