Unknown monarch?

Scruffy

Active User
Registered
There's a lathe on an upcoming auction. Any ideas what it mite be!!

Ad says, monarch 24 in by 6 ft metal lathe 2&1/2 or 3 tons works good.

If I can I will go tomorrow and see if it has been moved to the auction site yet. Won't be able to see it under power where it is being sold.
Any ideas what model it would be?

I'ff I look at it I'll post more details tomorrow.

Thanks. Scruffy

Scruffy: Could be a Model K. If it is it's a engine lathe. I've got the 13x30 size. Roger

That's a big machine. Monarchs are great machines. If it seems to be in great shape, and the price is right, grab it! They just don't make beautiful robust machines like that anymore. Big...yep. Rigid...yep, and then some.:))

Wifee and I stopped at the Marion Ohio fairgrounds today and checked out the monarch lathe.
Here's what the tag said---mfg # 15940--size model. 22in. Cm. Built. 8-42

Looked to be in good shape no rust. 10 hp. 3 phase mtr. No chucks. Just. Big face plate

It might sell cheap.don't think I'm interested auction is this sat. Feb 15. Starts 10 am

Thanks scruffy

Wifee and I stopped at the Marion Ohio fairgrounds today and checked out the monarch lathe.
Here's what the tag said---mfg # 15940--size model. 22in. Cm. Built. 8-42

Looked to be in good shape no rust. 10 hp. 3 phase mtr. No chucks. Just. Big face plate

It might sell cheap.don't think I'm interested auction is this sat. Feb 15. Starts 10 am

Thanks scruffy
Scruffy, I'd bet its a Monarch 10EE. Does it look like this 1942 10EE S/N 15680? Bill

Monarch 10EE (1942) SN 15680 1.jpg

It's much bigger. The one he was looking at had a 24" swing.

I think the "24" x 6 foot" in the ad is referring to the footprint, which is about the footprint of my 10EE. And 10EE's are 22.5" between centers. A monarch with a 24" swing is gonna be a lot bigger than 22" between centers. Just my thots. Bill

The face plate on it was22 in diameter and at least 60 inches between centers.
The base was 2 sections not 1 like the10ees. It made the 10e in the pic look small

Scruffy

The face plate on it was22 in diameter and at least 60 inches between centers.
The base was 2 sections not 1 like the10ees. It made the 10e in the pic look small

Scruffy
Gotcha Scruffy ... its a huge lathe. What does a hobbyist do with such a monster? Cheers, Bill

I've got a big mill. Sometimes my 820 Logan needs to be a little larger.so I've been watching for a larger lathe.

Thanks scruffy

Back