Unknown surface grinder

don

Registered
Registered
Found this surface grinder at a garage sale, waiting for owner to determine asking price,does anyone know the manufacturer, I’ve never seen another like it, what kind of value do you think it’s worth? Thanks Don

8E18B8DB-5C17-4A3E-A474-04E6C558D235.jpeg

C7B87F2E-4D9E-4CC3-A29E-F9B5B5C95CDE.jpeg

Looks like a adorable little tool and cutter grinder.

Thanks what confused me about wether it was a tool and cutter grinder was the fact the head for the stone does not swivel, however the x axis table for right to left does appear to be able to rotate . Hoping I can do some light surface grinding with it if I can purchase it

Looks more like a mill than a grinder; grinders generally use screws to move the table, they use a rack and pinion.

Looks like a conversion job to me , not sure from pics. Looks like a cutter grinder over surface grinder.

I forgot as to value , without its known heritage I'd say a couple hundred max , unless there's more tooling or extras with it. Just my thoughts , I've been trying to sell a landis 1 1/2 surface grinder with large travel and magnet to match. And only asking my cost with free loading at my shop

I forgot as to value , without its known heritage I'd say a couple hundred max , unless there's more tooling or extras with it. Just my thoughts , I've been trying to sell a landis 1 1/2 surface grinder with large travel and magnet to match. And only asking my cost with free loading at my shop[/QUOT
Someone else on the form just bought this same machine....it’s not a surface grinder, it is a horizontal mill.....

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...chinists-lmg-3-made-in-usa.72053/#post-604852

Thanks. For all the replies, The thought of it being a hybrid actually did cross my mind because of not finding any identification or seeing anything similar in my research. It seems the arbor is not nearly heavy enough to be a milling machine even compared to my small atlas milling machine, that plus the lack of spindle speed selection with the direct drive motor leads me to believe it was meant as a grinder/cutter adsptation of some sort. If I do acquire this machine I’ll post better pics with updates . THANKS again for all your thoughts. Don

Back