Unknown Vintage Lathe

The carriage is running on one but it is on a rail underneath the v ways, the tailstock is on two.

Maybe its just cause im looking at the pictures on my smartphone but to me it looks like the carriage is running on 3 Vee ways and the tailstock on 2! Please tell me what im missing here......
Most lathe carriages only ride on the two outer (or one, and the flat rear edge of the bed) vee ways, and do not touch the inner vee (or vees). You can see it in this first pic.

lathebed004.jpg

If you can see close, on the pic of the mystery lathe, in the red circles, the carriage fits close to the vee and flat spot on the rear, and does not look to touch the two inner vees. Most lathes that I have seen, the carriage rides on one or two vees, and the tail stock only rides on one vee, and a flat spot on the other side of the bed.

IMG-0544a.jpg

The carriage is running on one but it is on a rail underneath the v ways, the tailstock is on two.

This lathe design is interesting, would love to see more pics.

Sure! tomorrow I'll post some higher quality pics, also forgot to mention, the lathe came with a lantern(?) style tool holder, not sure if that'll help with trying to identify the machine, but thanks for the help so far! :)

Sorry about the late response, been busy lately. Here are some new pics I took:

I've been trying to clean up the paint, I plan on giving the machine a grey or blue paint, let me know what you guys think!

IMG-0582.JPG

IMG-0583.JPG

IMG-0584.JPG

IMG-0585.JPG

IMG-0586.JPG

IMG-0587.JPG

IMG-0589.JPG

Back