unusual looking Buffalo 15 drill press.

Because you sound on the fence , about the press , it's weight it's run out . The size is what I want the stability and table. I'm not able to buy anything and won't be able to . I'm on SS and bed bound with pain. So my spending money I made fixing and selling small engines , mowers blowers saws trimmers is none now. And Dr and hospital bills are taking food money and more. So that's why. The last thing I sold an old lift table for $300. Was set to pay for an old twenty inch Rockwell with power feed. But had to call the man and cancel because of bills. Enou g h reason you have the right to buy whatever you want , if you look earlier I tried to say that .

Ken it's more likely the run out is from the factory not from use. My Jet has .010" run out. I tried three chucks and arbors, cheap $19.99 keyless, had the least!. I'm debating weither to order another spindle from Jet, or live with until I find that unicorn.
Although drill presses are not precision machines but mine has a visible wobble that translates to more than .010" of run out, I tried everything except replacing the spindle but I'm now passed that, I just want to sell the DP and get a used metalworking drill press with a bigger slotted table, the question is ,will I find one used.

Because you sound on the fence , about the press , it's weight it's run out . The size is what I want the stability and table. I'm not able to buy anything and won't be able to . I'm on SS and bed bound with pain. So my spending money I made fixing and selling small engines , mowers blowers saws trimmers is none now. And Dr and hospital bills are taking food money and more. So that's why. The last thing I sold an old lift table for $300. Was set to pay for an old twenty inch Rockwell with power feed. But had to call the man and cancel because of bills. Enou g h reason you have the right to buy whatever you want , if you look earlier I tried to say that .
I'm aware of your health issues and sincerely wish you didn't have to go through life with all that pain. I guess I just didn't make my intention or the reasoning behind asking about that drill press, clearly, I am in fact searching for a more heavy duty drill press, have been for awhile .
Thanks for clearing that up silver bullet.

Back