Upcoming Auction - Tri-Cities area East TN - Dec. 12th

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
They don't have a catalog up yet but there are a few pictures.
Some 'smallish' Monarchs and a couple of Rivetts, the Rivetts are missing their tailstocks it would appear. A couple of nice sized compressors... :grin:
There's a mention of Wells and Bridgeport mills...

-=- LINK -=-
(click on the tab for the 'photo gallery)

They posted some more images recently.
I can't tell if these are from one company or a 'gathering' of equipment...

*DROOL*
1543114042481.png

1543114057416.png

They've added a few more lathes...
From a 20" Hendey, to a 10" 'Hendey Toll and Garage Makers Lathe' (sic)
They're stating in the listing now that the 10EE is from a research lab... Gem?
I think I might be going up to preview the auction, if for no other reason, than to maybe get some cool picts.

And some more stuff added today just to keep tempting me to make the 2.5hr run to preview...

VINTAGE EQUIPMENT

• Porter Cable Shaper
  • Gallmeyer & Livingston Grinder Model 60

Looks like no real interest in machinery. A lot of the items have no bids. Can’t beleive those monarchs and other lathes arnt fetching a higher price. I’m really thinking of biting on two pieces if prices stay like they are. Road trip may be near. I really want one of them power hammer but I don’t think my neighbors would like me too much.

Looks like no real interest in machinery. A lot of the items have no bids. Can’t beleive those monarchs and other lathes arnt fetching a higher price. I’m really thinking of biting on two pieces if prices stay like they are. Road trip may be near. I really want one of them power hammer but I don’t think my neighbors would like me too much.
Opening bids are a bit too high, IMO. There's a couple of 'Charlie Brown' pieces I'd like to go after but am holding back.
There's just a few pieces that have any action so far.

And get this, there's (7) 53' containers still left for future auctions.

100 bucks is the starting bid. I see some pretty expensive lathes on there. I’m just debating on the drive.

The closing prices are stratospheric...
I never knew that CL145B's were gold plated with platinum legs. $2400?! Really? Without any chucks or tooling?
I should have gone after that Local SB the other day that went for $340.
1544627911836.png

The Schaublin 150 I was interested is at 6700. From what I saw it had the traverse motor removed for the carriage. Schaublin are very limited production so I’m sure parts are very hard to come by and pricey. But precise :(

Back