Resolved Upgrade Issues

Billh51

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am currently a Premium Member. How do I know when my subscription is nearing an end, or will we be notified to re -up our membership ?

then it says you get "advanced features" - which are...?
then it says you get "more access" - to what?
etc
vague to me but i didn't graduate college

Upvote 0
then it says you get "advanced features" - which are...?
then it says you get "more access" - to what?
etc
vague to me but i didn't graduate college

Sorry, just trying to help. I guess your question was vague.

Upvote 0
Not true for me. Only shows that I can renew my sustaining membership, third choice in the page Nelson posted above in post #1. It shows that my sustaining membership automatically renews every year. It does not tell me when it runs out. I am looking at the same page that Nelson posted above. It does not show when the payment period runs out. I also looked on PayPal and it give no information beyond how to pay. I had to search my own records to find that I last paid the $50 sustaining membership on November 27th, 2017. It "appears" that I get no notice at all until I get a email saying that my payment has been made. I also do not see an available way to opt out from either H-M or PayPal.

Nelson is perhaps working on it now, just saying what I am seeing now.

Bob,

You are correct. Your current status including the expiration date does not show up on your Upgrades page. It does show up for mine, which is the same as yours. I'll report it to the Admins.

Upvote 0
I just upgraded my membership to donating member, if I click on my account, it now shows what I upgraded to,when and also what other upgrades are available, I find it now to be very easy to follow where I am as a member ,well done Nelson.
PS, I assume it'll take a while to see the change in my membership , it still shows "active member".

Upvote 0
thank you for trying!

now back to the question :)

The purpose of the memberships are to donate money to the site to keep the site going.
It isn't about getting something extra, it is about perpetuating a site you use and like. That's the idea.
Sure, we can throw in a couple of perks, less ads, more access to downloads, and other nifty features, but helping to keep us afloat is the idea.

That having been said, the staff and I are dismayed at the response to our requests for assistance in terms of upgrades.
While projects and informative contributions are appreciated, it takes cold, hard cash to pay bills.
We respectfully disagree with those of you who feel that your contributions in posting entitle you to let others pay for you.
If you feel that way, try to pay your mortgage or car loan with your written expertise in machining. It isn't going to happen.
The membership fee has been lowered to just $10 per year, $25 for premium, and none are recurring.
We listened to your suggestions, and we followed them.

In future, I would like to push to use some of the money to reward those of you who post great projects, not only with the $50 for Project of the Month, but with gift cards and other incentives for great work on the site. It will take cash to do that.

Upvote 0
Back