Upgrade to multifix

Nico

Registered
Registered
Hi,
This is in the hobby area, not professional.
To honor the pioneers that did this before and posted their adventures for me to learn from and for those that would like to do the same :
I converted, my Sieg C6 type of lathe (mine is a different brand), to use a Multifix type of tool holder
Please see the pictures.
300 € but very pleased with it.
Grtz,
Nico

20170303_095758[1].jpg 20170303_095353[1].jpg 20170303_095517[1].jpg 20170303_095530[1].jpg 20170303_095628[1].jpg 20170303_095705[1].jpg 20170303_095942[1].jpg

Nice, I wish I could afford that system. The holders are quite pricey. From what I can tell, that is the ultimate in holding systems. Enjoy.

I've wanted one for forty years , guess I can wait or make do with my second hand qctp from enco an odd ball one. Or my four position qctp that's a Hardinage . . Don't mean I wouldn't like one tho.

A thing for dreams. It looks good, should work real well.

Hi again,
Do note that these are manufactured to original specs and that any used holder that you find should slide right on, whatever the brand or year of production is.
Grtz,
Nico

Looks good Nico! I love my Multifix. I got mine from Create Tool in China. I highly recommend it if anyone here in the USA is interested. Even with the shipping it's cheaper than most, if not all, the dealers selling them here in the USA.

Thanks.
I got mine from
http://stores.benl.ebay.be/pewetools?_trksid=p2047675.l2568
(no affiliation with the vendor what so ever)
from Germany, China made though. They supply a hardness test certificate with each set.
They even have developed one in size AS, between AA and A, for the smaller lahtes.
I selected A because it fits my lathe well and every second hand holder out there should fit.
Grtz,
Nico

Nice! I've always wanted one & still do. As said the holders are very expensive & not a lot of places sell them in the US. That's what stopped me then. I like to have a lot of holders. Recently I looked again just for the heck of it & it looks like that hasn't changed.

Will, that's why I went with Create Tool's Multifix stuff. They make a quality product at very good prices. The first time I ordered from them was for the basic "A" set and extra holders. My last order was 10 pieces shipped to me in NJ USA with shipping roughly $70 for 5-day delivery. I'm very happy with the Multifix system.

Will, that's why I went with Create Tool's Multifix stuff. They make a quality product at very good prices. The first time I ordered from them was for the basic "A" set and extra holders. My last order was 10 pieces shipped to me in NJ USA with shipping roughly $70 for 5-day delivery. I'm very happy with the Multifix system.

Wow, their tool holders are only $7 each!!!?? Too bad they weren't around when I was in the market for a tool post. I'm too far invested in my BXA now, I have just over 40 holders now & it would be very painful to start over. But that's ok, I love my Dorian SQCTP!

EDIT: That can't be right. Or was $70 just for the shipping?

Back