Upper Mississippi Hobby Machinists group, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa

Dave I see you and Terry have a group site set up already, so what should we do next? Sign in there...how do we get to it?
Snowing again here is Cottage Grove again...lol... Rich

See my earlier post with the link will get you to the group.

Another way to get there, so that you don't always have to come back to Randy's link is as follows:

1. Near the top of your screen click on the 'Members Area' button.
2. Add yourself to the map if you have not already done so.
3. Directly under the 'Members Area' button, you will see an item called 'Groups'. Click on it
4. In the list of groups, locate Upper Mississippi Hobby Machinists and click on the 'Join' button.

I have not experimented with this much yet, but I suspect that when a new item is posted in the group you will also get an email notification of that post. A little time will tell, and the rest of you guys can feel free to experiment too!

I've joined at the group site mentioned above. I don't have much to offer at this point but I'd sure like to see what some of you guys are up to! I also don't know my way around on internet sites very well so I hope I did this the right way.

Bill Burton

You did just fine, Bill. Also, you have more to offer than you might realize, even if you don't have experience. IDEAS are a wonderful thing!

I keep trying to post but it won't let me not sure why I posted a introduction a few months ago. Not sure what is going on. I am on tapatalk and can't even find this topic
Need lots of help thanks Dave

Rick and Dave, I sent invitations to you for joining the group. I suspect that the invitation will have a link in it to get you to where you can join. (I don't know what the invitations look like as since I am already a member I cannot send one to myself).

Another way to join is to follow the instructions listed in post #12 of this thread, which I have included here for your convenience.

1. Near the top of your screen click on the 'Members Area' button.
2. Add yourself to the map if you have not already done so.
3. Directly under the 'Members Area' button, you will see an item called 'Groups'. Click on it
4. In the list of groups, locate Upper Mississippi Hobby Machinists and click on the 'Join' button.

Once you are a member, you are automatically subscribed to any new items that get posted there. If you have your subscription settings configured to send you emails when new posts come in, you will also receive an email when something gets posted to the group.

Since the group deals with local items, don't expect it to see large amounts of activity like on the forum. The group should contain posts on items that pertain to H-M members in our area only. Things like meet and greets, coffee breaks, shop tours, maybe a summer BBQ and picnic.

A couple people asked "what next?" Simple. Feel like organizing a meet and greet over coffee?? Set it up and announce it in a post. Feel like offering a get together including a tour of your shop?? Set a date and time, and announce it. Find a sweet deal in our area on Craig's List, eBay, or ad in the paper? Don't intend to buy it but want to spread the word? Post it to the group. I think you guys get the idea.

Oh, and don't be afraid to chime in if you have ideas, questions, whatever! What you have to say does matter, regardless of how much experience you have, or how silly it may sound. There are no stupid questions, and no idiotic ideas. Remember the 'pet rock'? Sounds silly but the guy made millions on the idea.

Back