Used Finger Brake Questions

I think I have figured something out about the Di-acro 24" brakes. The version with the groove in the top bar and no tabs on the side is an older version. The newer versions have a flat top bar and tabs on the ends with springs underneath. Let me know if you think this is incorrect.
Robert

I am reviving this thread to ask a question:

If a 36" brake is rated for 16g steel, will it bend heavier steel/aluminum over a shorter length, say 12"? Also, what is the equivalent of 16g steel in terms of bending aluminum. I saw one reference that said .100". Sound right? I would like to be able to bend 1/8" aluminum over about 12"

Robert

I would like to be able to bend 1/8" aluminum over about 12"
I just subscribed to this thread, very interested to see who actually has done this, 1/8" Aluminum just seems way too thick for a manual brake with a 16 Ga. MAX capacity.

I have a DiAcro 24" brake and do 1/8" steel 1" wide with no issues. Done 3/16" aluminum also. Just need to adjust the fingers away from the bending table for clearance. They are pretty stout machines.

Bruce

I have a DiAcro 24" brake and do 1/8" steel 1" wide with no issues. Done 3/16" aluminum also. Just need to adjust the fingers away from the bending table for clearance. They are pretty stout machines.

Thanks for that info Bruce.
What is your brake rated to?
-brino

I have a pexto just like Tinkertoy and can tell you it will bend 1/8 alum. Without any problem. I've done 14g stainless 12" wide no problems. With the aluminum you can anneal it with a torch which will make it more flexible.

Thanks for that info Bruce.
What is your brake rated to?
-brino
It's rated at 16 gauge mild steel at 24" wide. Probably a bad assumption on my part, but I bent a piece of 16 gauge 24" wide and made a mental note on the force required to bend it (a lot). I'll try anything up to that force and stop.

Bruce

Back