Used one!

I’m one who picks up and saves bolts, screws, washers and pins along the way.
Every year during the Super Bowl, my wife and I would sort and store the previous years collecting.
Unfortunately the 2018 fire ate my life long collection.
Starting over, year by year.
Ace hardware charged my $.42 each for 1/4 -28 x 1 1/4” bolts the other day. I only needed two.
Grr!$#@dg%/5&*!!!

Unfortunately the 2018 fire ate my life long collection.
Starting over, year by year.
Ugh, that's horrible. I can't even imagine having to go through that.

One of my bolt/screw collections came from a TV transmitter I got to scrap out. That thing had a toolbox full of #4,#6,#8,#10, and 1/4" stainless hardware. I talked my wife into helping me sort it out too!

I save all screws, bolts, nuts, washers, etc. Living 12 miles from the nearest store, ot os a wise thing to do. Bolts , nuts and machine screws are sorted by size. Wood screws, sheet metal screws, and construction screws are generally kept in one bucket. I am partial to Torx head consriction screws and try to keep a supply of various sizes on hand as I use them often for various projects but I have a fairly good stash of squaew deive and Phillips drive construction screws from the days before Torx head screws became popular. All the miscellaneous fasteners are kept in possibles buckets. If I need a particular fastener and it isn't in one of my regular locations, almost certainly, I'll find it in the possibles bucket.

I never knew my grandparents. I Mom's father died when I was a few years old and I don't think that I ever met him. His wife died in childbirth when my Mom was a teenager. My Dad's father was executed by the Nazi's, along with 11 other townspeople, in retribution for the death of a German officer. His wife died soon after. Times were hard in wartime Poland.

Both my parents passed away 11 years ago. My Dad was a carpenter and cabinet maker and I have a number of his hand tools. I also have my Mom's hammer that she kept in a drawer by the kitchen sink. Mostly, we used it to crack butternuts. My siblings and I each received a small inheritance from our parents. I used part of mine to buy my seat of SolidWorks which I use on nearly a daily basis.

I never knew my grandparents. I Mom's father died when I was a few years old and I don't think that I ever met him. His wife died in childbirth when my Mom was a teenager. My Dad's father was executed by the Nazi's, along with 11 other townspeople, in retribution for the death of a German officer. His wife died soon after. Times were hard in wartime Poland.

Both my parents passed away 11 years ago. My Dad was a carpenter and cabinet maker and I have a number of his hand tools. I also have my Mom's hammer that she kept in a drawer by the kitchen sink. Mostly, we used it to crack butternuts. My siblings and I each received a small inheritance from our parents. I used part of mine to buy my seat of SolidWorks which I use on nearly a daily basis.
My great grandfather escaped Soviet Russia in the 50s after being forced to fight that nazis with no gun at 17, my great grandmother escaped a concentration camp in Poland, I have his ruler (1922 Starret 12”) that he was given by an machinist about to retire when he first came here, his decimal equivalents chart and my great grandmothers 1-2” mic, I rarely use those tools and when I do I treat them with the most respect. Most of my wrenches are from him too, my great grandmother passed when I was 6 and my great grandfather when I was 8 I don’t remember much about them except for my great grandfathers rat rod with a big block Chevy and how loud it was.

My great grandfather escaped Soviet Russia in the 50s after being forced to fight that nazis with no gun at 17, my great grandmother escaped a concentration camp in Poland, I have his ruler (1922 Starret 12”) that he was given by an machinist about to retire when he first came here, his decimal equivalents chart and my great grandmothers 1-2” mic, I rarely use those tools and when I do I treat them with the most respect. Most of my wrenches are from him too, my great grandmother passed when I was 6 and my great grandfather when I was 8 I don’t remember much about them except for my great grandfathers rat rod with a big block Chevy and how loud it was.
We were lucky to be born in the US!
Europe sure did suffer through the 20th century!

My brother and I were talking about how lucky we were to meet our great grandparents. We knew all our grandparents too.
This picture is very special to me. Mae was born in Portugal. maiden name Dutra.
Great grandpa was born in Naples.
I got this from ancestry.com. All our original photos were destroyed.
Look at that car!

Attachments

• 2C3FDEAE-F81D-4AFC-AAB2-0836C18C73F7.jpeg
    2C3FDEAE-F81D-4AFC-AAB2-0836C18C73F7.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 7
Back