Used Rong Fu Mill Drill Machine Prices/Value Proposition

Also, in the post above by E0stir, this is not what I would call a Rong Fu. Rong Fu's in the common parlance have a round column and are a little rough around the edges. The mill pictured is vastly surperior (imho) with not only a non round column but a very heavy one with dovetail ways. This is basis for the Precision Mathews benchtop mills. These are very capable machines with few comprimises except for size and HP.

That design was the RF45. They were not as prevalent. Don’t know if it was price or what. But there are those that see them as having the drawback of having a gear head which imparts more of a rough finish than belt drive. I’ve seen a couple for sale touting the conversion to belt drive. Most of us round column users just got used to planning our process where we didn’t need to change head height.

That's a nice looking mill, What is the seller asking for it?
You would be crazy to think $6k, but that's the asking. To be fair it is truly, essentially brand new and comes with an upgraded large heavy duty steel table. Best guess/estimate less then 50 hours use.21259.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's kind of pricy but the vise and table do add value. I'd offer $5,000 and see if he goes for it. Bring cash, nothing softens a hard seller like a stack of Bens!

sounds like another delusional guy who’s tracking new price. Used to be everyone knew you lost at least 1/3 of value as soon as you set it up. Whatever dude.

Back