Using my Doall ML

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I was going to try using my Doall, but maybe I should get some instruction first. Thanks to UlmaDoctor for fixing me up on the RPC, and CooterBrown for repairing the tilt block. :encourage:
I'm not sure how this gizmo operates, I also am hearing without a blade tension gauge I listen for a twang. Here is the gizmo....

Does this gizmo work in conjunction with the work holding jaws and power feed?

martin

i think the gizmo is a pusher for small parts
i believe the part being cut is pushed in front of the 2, 90° bends

I'll have to check that out.

i think the gizmo is a pusher for small parts
i believe the part being cut is pushed in front of the 2, 90° bends

Makes sense. During normal use, something has to fill that slot, no? I suppose you would need to make an infill for the slot and that bracket thing would sit on a shelf somewhere.

I use a wooden push block because I took a good friend to the ER one day because he didn't use a push block and instead fed the web of his hand into the blade. Major damage to his hand and a good lesson for me!

Been snooping on youtube, there was one pictured with the knobs fastened from underneath, but no bracket was visible.

I do think it fits underneath as a guard to protect the exposed blade, the whole unit would be assembled and slid into the slot when changing blades. This is in the deep recesses of what is left in my mind, I worked in two shops that had them, and I think that I am correct in this.

Another question for my Doall, there are a few oiling cups in various places. What kind of oil is used?

I do not yet) know what the MFG recommended oil is but until such time as we have that, I would suggest straight SAE 20. Do not use any of the multi-viscosity oils. as most will have additives that absorb moisture from the atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back