Using my Doall ML

Vertical bandsaw with 1" blade? That's what the giant Tannewitz (post #36) could run.
Normally, vertical manually fed saws intended for contour cutting. Cannot imagine pushing material that strenuously that 1" proves beneficial. With countless die shoes up to 3" thickness completed, never used heavier than 1/2". 1" would not offer much radius cutting either.

width_vs_radii.jpg

Last edited:
Still learning, but the 1t will only be used for straight cuts. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is years late. I have a 1949 36" Do-all i. It runs only 1/4 " blades. if you read the manual there is a setup procedure for leveling the saw, very important especially for the 36. If not done the saw frame may twisted and will never saw right. once leveled setting up guides correctly is much easier. and will cut straighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you are going to get very far, you are going to need a users manual, and before you can look for a users manual you are going to need the model number or however Do-All referred to the saw and probably how Do-All referred to themselves. Which may or may not be as I just referred to them. We have in Downloads several publications but I haven't had any luck so far in finding out what they are. I will mention so far that whomever saved the files seems to have hit on Do-All for the company name. But I do not yet know whether that is correct or not. And as I do not yet know what any model numbers are, I do not yet know what we have.

As it may come to pass that you will need to have full access to Downloads, I will once again explain. Anyone who is a valid member here has access to the search part of downloads...I think. Full access requires Donor status at any level (dollar amount). The current system begins at $10.00 per year. However, that is currently under review. All that I know at present is that if the start amount has to be raised, current $10.00 Donors will remain Donors for the remainder of their year. Also, the only way to make a donation is via Pay Pal.

Last edited:
Back