USPS

It's frustrating for sure. The way the system is setup is that everything MUST go through the dedicated Distribution Centers. You can see that label in the chain of custody. Kearny is where everything must get cleared through in your region.

It doesn't make any sense if you are on the wrong side of the distribution epicenter, which you are.

But that is the tradeoff for setting up cost effective systems for everybody, there are some inefficiencies built in and would likely cost more (either in dollars or time lost) if there were solutions to remove them from the system. The good news is that they honored their 3-day delivery promise. So there is that if you can ignore the counterintuitive logistics.
Yea, I am aware, but when you realize that another package took the same route, at the same times, but got held back.. you have to wonder.. is it really that efficient. And if it's landing in Pburg, why? Why not go right to Kearny? Why stop at a center that's not showing as a dist center? The Pburg PO is a small/medium post office. So it makes no sense that it went to them rather than to Kearny.

Yea, I am aware, but when you realize that another package took the same route, at the same times, but got held back.. you have to wonder.. is it really that efficient. And if it's landing in Pburg, why? Why not go right to Kearny? Why stop at a center that's not showing as a dist center? The Pburg PO is a small/medium post office. So it makes no sense that it went to them rather than to Kearny.
After looking on the map that your packages took, I can see why it doesn't make sense. On the other hand, the stops were a larger city than Lebanon in NJ and then an even bigger one outside of New York City. Yeah, I can easily see why they did that. Pretty sure you don't want to stop in Lebanon with enough mail to choke NYC. You'll never get your package then.

I was pleasantly surprised by USPS's service the other day. Dave mailed me 15 pieces of 1/2" aluminum stock in USPS's plastic bag. When I received it, the post office had sealed it in a clear plastic bag because the original pack had torn. It had an apology sticker on the bag, and nothing was missing. Score!

Back