USPS

Oh well I guess I do have a complaint. My wife and stepdaughter are being removed from my health insurance policy because the documents supposedly didn't arrive. Sent them in December. Then again, I'm not convinced one of the three companies I spoke with on the phone today didn't just drop the ball. They wanted proof I sent it. I asked what would be proof for an envelope I put in my mailbox?

We have a box at the gate, and a sign on the gate to give me a call if you need access. I had a large package delivered the other day by UPS the driver called me to till me he couldn't get it in the box. I thought that was pretty cool sense it was snowing.

Tim

Whenever I have had any issues with the postal service I have gone to meet with the Postmaster...it's always been resolved promptly. I think that's probably faster than posting here.

Happily, we have excellent delivery folks for all three services. I know their names and they have my cell number and frequently call if they need a signature and can't find me. I have many steps up to the front door, and order heavy stuff...they ought to hate me, and maybe they do, but they are always very courteous and professional.

I suppose Amazon has to be added as a delivery service...they come at all hours, don't think it's ever been the same person twice. But good!

Whenever I have had any issues with the postal service I have gone to meet with the Postmaster...it's always been resolved promptly. I think that's probably faster than posting here.
You're right. I thought we were just venting...commiserating if you will. Lol

Our community has been served by USPS for over 100 years, never any RFD. The post office is 7 miles from my residence. The USPS is operating under some tough regulations referred to at a USPS sponsored meeting when they changed the operating hours of the local post office. The current distribution system is interesting in that our mail going out of the area is franked in Albuquerque NM, 270 miles away.
Have a good day
Rock breaker

Yep, it's odd how the USPS works these days. I just found out that our mail even local goes close to 200 miles to get processed, then back to our little town. It's no wonder there losing money.

In my small town…

Ups is great. The lady driver leaves a dog bisquit everytime shes here for my dog.

…Just how it is living in a small town.

I work as a UPS driver in 2 small towns (Cazadero & Timber Cove, CA).

I *always* have peanut butter dog biscuits (Milk Bone Dipped). I know how many dogs are in each household, & I always leave that many dog biscuits on top of the label.

Sometimes I see the dogs, and I give them the biscuits.

Under these circumstances, you can imagine the reaction of the dogs when they hear me coming!

In my area, Fedex Ground & the private contractor USPS carrier are paid by the piece/mile/stop/signature, but UPS & FedEx Express are paid by the hour.

The FedEx Ground driver in my area drives extremely unsafely pretty much all the time; he is a safety hazard.

The privately contracted rural mail carrier told me that they won’t drive more than 1/2 mile off of the main road to deliver a parcel, and the less that they have to drive, the better.

I have customers that require a 15+ minute drive in to their house, plus a 15+ minute drive back out to the road. They are usually getting just one small UPS Ground package, so I have to think the company is losing money on those deliveries.

Last edited:
USPS actually has kinda an amazing mandate, going to every address every day (more or less). It's a service that allowed the US to grow and thrive as a democracy just as Ben Franklin envisioned so long ago.

John
You mean a republic not democracy.

Back