USPS

jwmay

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm appreciative of the postal service. I don't understand much of how they operate. But I've never had a real problem with it. I do remember when they were always having to raise the price of stamps, and everyone seemed grouchy about that. I'd much rather pay them than pay sales tax for used merchandise on Ebay. I'm far more annoyed with that, than any shipping costs I've paid.

RJSakowski

Another data point regarding USPS. On Tuesday, Feb. 1st, I ordered a GPS for my vehicle from Amazon. It shipped by USPS that evening according to Amazon Tracking. This afternoon, our mailman delivered the package, in spite of our road being closed for tree felling. Two day service from Arizona to Wisconsin and free shipping to boot. Not bad service!

woodchucker

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Amazon announced today that they are upping PRIME by $20..
great, so they are charging $20 more, and still no return of the 2 day delivery. We average 5 days.

MyLilMule

I sent something via USPS through eBay. Purchased the postage through eBay. eBay doesn’t add any additional insurance. USPS lost the package. Lost it in the sorting center. That was in December. So of course the buyer gets his money back. And I’m screwed. Same package I sent 10 other times with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbolt

Active User
This was shoved in my mailbox yesterday. The condition of the package was exactly as I found it. We have a locking mailbox so there is only a 1.5" opening at the top for mail to go through. There was at one time a third item in the package that is missing. I'm not sure if that part would fit through the mailbox opening. All I can speculate is it was done by the carrier while out for delivery. In the past the post office has at least attempted to tape up damaged packages.

20220208_173705.jpg

woodchucker

well, talk to your carrier, and if not satisfied talk to the postmaster.
I have a locking box too, someone tried ordering a credit card in my name, and then signed up for notification. The post office sent us a card about notification, so we stopped the notification , we got a locking box, we found out about the card when we received the card, and that's why we got a locking box. We notified the post office and state troopers (our local police) ... no one cared about catching them in the act. We're not important enough.. If we were a business, they would have done everything they could to get them.

Aaron_W

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
This was shoved in my mailbox yesterday. The condition of the package was exactly as I found it. We have a locking mailbox so there is only a 1.5" opening at the top for mail to go through. There was at one time a third item in the package that is missing. I'm not sure if that part would fit through the mailbox opening. All I can speculate is it was done by the carrier while out for delivery. In the past the post office has at least attempted to tape up damaged packages.

View attachment 395704

I recently received a sealed empty box. It was a Christmas present for my wife. It looked like either the shipper put the packing slip in the box but forgot to put the item in, or the box came open during shipping and the USPS taped it up. Small box in very good condition, not smashed or torn so whose fault is a mystery. I bought it through Amazon, and the seller refunded my money.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock