USPS

I'm appreciative of the postal service. I don't understand much of how they operate. But I've never had a real problem with it. I do remember when they were always having to raise the price of stamps, and everyone seemed grouchy about that. I'd much rather pay them than pay sales tax for used merchandise on Ebay. I'm far more annoyed with that, than any shipping costs I've paid.

Another data point regarding USPS. On Tuesday, Feb. 1st, I ordered a GPS for my vehicle from Amazon. It shipped by USPS that evening according to Amazon Tracking. This afternoon, our mailman delivered the package, in spite of our road being closed for tree felling. Two day service from Arizona to Wisconsin and free shipping to boot. Not bad service!

Amazon announced today that they are upping PRIME by $20..
great, so they are charging $20 more, and still no return of the 2 day delivery. We average 5 days.

I sent something via USPS through eBay. Purchased the postage through eBay. eBay doesn’t add any additional insurance. USPS lost the package. Lost it in the sorting center. That was in December. So of course the buyer gets his money back. And I’m screwed. Same package I sent 10 other times with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was shoved in my mailbox yesterday. The condition of the package was exactly as I found it. We have a locking mailbox so there is only a 1.5" opening at the top for mail to go through. There was at one time a third item in the package that is missing. I'm not sure if that part would fit through the mailbox opening. All I can speculate is it was done by the carrier while out for delivery. In the past the post office has at least attempted to tape up damaged packages.

20220208_173705.jpg

well, talk to your carrier, and if not satisfied talk to the postmaster.
I have a locking box too, someone tried ordering a credit card in my name, and then signed up for notification. The post office sent us a card about notification, so we stopped the notification , we got a locking box, we found out about the card when we received the card, and that's why we got a locking box. We notified the post office and state troopers (our local police) ... no one cared about catching them in the act. We're not important enough.. If we were a business, they would have done everything they could to get them.

This was shoved in my mailbox yesterday. The condition of the package was exactly as I found it. We have a locking mailbox so there is only a 1.5" opening at the top for mail to go through. There was at one time a third item in the package that is missing. I'm not sure if that part would fit through the mailbox opening. All I can speculate is it was done by the carrier while out for delivery. In the past the post office has at least attempted to tape up damaged packages.

View attachment 395704

I recently received a sealed empty box. It was a Christmas present for my wife. It looked like either the shipper put the packing slip in the box but forgot to put the item in, or the box came open during shipping and the USPS taped it up. Small box in very good condition, not smashed or torn so whose fault is a mystery. I bought it through Amazon, and the seller refunded my money.

GRRRRRR. It's going to be here today, but it's funny, another item is stuck in Kearny..
This is a back and forth from USPS.
You see Phillipsburg is 10 miles west of me. Kearney is 60 miles east, and Lebanon 10 miles east.
so from Phillipsburg, it could have gone to my post office.. but it didn't. It could have gone to Lebanon along the way it didn't. It went all the way to Kearny, so it can come back to Lebanon, so it can come back to my post office. It past me ... waived and said F U. I expected the other package to come at the same time, since they arrived together in Kearny based on the time... but now they are estimating Monday or Tuesday..
Not even Saturday... Rant over... Stupid wins... I just get cranky...

July 15, 2022, 7:42 am
Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery Between 11:30am and 12:30pm
PITTSTOWN, NJ 08867
Your item is out for delivery on July 15, 2022 at 7:42 am in PITTSTOWN, NJ 08867.

July 15, 2022, 7:31 am
Arrived at Post Office
PITTSTOWN, NJ 08867

July 15, 2022, 7:07 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
PITTSTOWN, NJ 08867

July 15, 2022, 5:06 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
LEBANON, NJ 08833

July 15, 2022, 4:11 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
KEARNY NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 14, 2022, 8:24 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
KEARNY NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 14, 2022, 6:55 am
Departed USPS Facility
PHILLIPSBURG, NJ 08865

July 14, 2022, 4:53 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
PHILLIPSBURG, NJ 08865

July 14, 2022, 4:20 am
In Transit to Next Facility

July 13, 2022, 8:08 pm

July 13, 2022, 12:48 pm

July 13, 2022, 5:28 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 12, 2022, 8:26 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 12, 2022, 7:11 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
LUTZ, FL 33549

July 12, 2022, 5:57 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
LUTZ, FL 33549

July 12, 2022
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

It's frustrating for sure. The way the system is setup is that everything MUST go through the dedicated Distribution Centers. You can see that label in the chain of custody. Kearny is where everything must get cleared through in your region.

It doesn't make any sense if you are on the wrong side of the distribution epicenter, which you are.

But that is the tradeoff for setting up cost effective systems for everybody, there are some inefficiencies built in and would likely cost more (either in dollars or time lost) if there were solutions to remove them from the system. The good news is that they honored their 3-day delivery promise. So there is that if you can ignore the counterintuitive logistics.

Back