UT Austin auction Clausing bitsa lathe, Van Norman mill, monster pipe threader

I have a meeting on that campus tomorrow afternoon, I’ll try to take a look while I’m there.

neat! from the pics it looks like a bunch of the mill stuff is bundled in with the lathe parts. Why they need to take that apart I've no idea.

The notes said it was disassembled to remove from room it was in. It sure looks like they got carried away though.

Sorry Jeff, I accidently deleted my post when I realized what I did and I can't get it resurrected. Sorry

I was getting this thread mixed up with a thread for stuff on auction at A & M, too.

Reactions: Z2V
Just sent the StepSon an email telling him he'd have to pick up the Van Norman and bring it over to TN.
He's whining about only having a Prius... I had to explain to him that since he's in Texas now he's gonna have to get a Truck.

I was getting this thread mixed up with a thread for stuff on auction at A & M, too.
@4gsr Where's this A&M auction you mention? :grin:

There is a Van Norman #12 on Austin CL also, $2600 Middle.road if your interested!
Yep, your right about the truck, Prius just won’t cut it

There is a Van Norman #12 on Austin CL also, $2600 Middle.road if your interested!
Yep, your right about the truck, Prius just won’t cut it
Wow, the Austin CL has some decent stuff on it. (and prices to match in some cases.)
Did you see that Atlas Horizontal Mill?
I was just tugging the Stepson's leg about the Van Norman, Appreciate the headsup though.
Something that heavy would probably go through my Garage/Shop floor knowing how they construct things around here.

I think my garage floor is maxed out also.

Sad to say that I just left the warehouse where the machines are setting outside completely rusted and disassembled sitting there in pieces. To make matters worse, the lathe looked like it was hardly used, absolutely no sign of wear to my untrained eye. The machines are at the JJ Pickle Research Center, maybe the students disassembled them for research.
I took several pics but I can’t load them right now. If there is any interest say so and I’ll post them this evening.

Back