V-4 Wobbler?

You must have scared them off, Tony. The site isn't there.

Pretty cool Wobbler, And the first link worked for me.

Paul

I went back to the first link after I looked at the second. It works now.

The engine looks like a big-block 8 next to the carousel. Would it be self-starting with 4 cylinders? I would expect so. You could always switch in a bit of power to the 'generator' to spin it up.

Cool engine. Thanks.

Being a member of that site, I think I'll ask if the plans are available for it, if anyone wants to look at building one.

Thanks for posting. I just built my first wobbler. This one looks supper cool. I would love a copy of the plans if you get them.

Jeff

Hi Jerry here, that "wobbler" is one I built and posted pictures on the antique radio forum. Link should still work. Yes, it is self starting and I did provide to Tony the information from the book I got the plans from. It does drive a carousel and a "generator", an old slot car motor that cranks out a whole .7V DC at an operating speed of the engine for driving the carousel. The output of the gen is feed to a couple "joule thief" boards, each of which can run 3 LEDs at almost 4 V. The motor itself actually has quite a bit of torque but likes to run at fairly high speeds.
The book it came from for plans was "Steam and Sterling Engines you can build" edited by William C. Fitt. Published around 1980. The carousel also drives a music box that plays "Its a small world". At least the little engine now has something to do. I will see if I can post a pic on this thread. Still learning the format used here. If this works out I can post some pictures of the engine itself.
Jerry

Didn't seem to work posting a pic here with a jpeg. Do we need a html format?

Hi Jerry. There are a couple of ways to handle the pictures here. We can host them as part of your post upload, or if you have them hosted on photobucket or similar, just use ags as elsewhere.

In the compose message pane, there is a button to "insert image" on the second row, 4th group.

Hi Jerry here, that "wobbler" is one I built and posted pictures on the antique radio forum.
Jerry

This is a work of art. I hope to get there one day. Thanks for posting its great inspiration for us newer builders.

Jeff

Back