V13 lathe optional equipment

It looks like those are two part jaws but I cannot see the face or top of the jaws. If the top of the jaws have two socket head cap screws that hold the jaw to the carrier below then you're in luck. The upper part can be replaced by readily available jaws and you can buy inside and outside jaws. Still have no idea who made the chuck but if it is forged then it is a good chuck.

Looks like you have a mixture of jaws there so look around and see if you can find another complete set
A V13 is a very nice lathe, worth lavishing a bit of money on

Last edited:
The saddle feed is 0.2mm/unit like most Emco lathes so that tells you nothing. Your cross slide is calibrated in 0.05mm increments, which means this is a metric lathe. This also means the leadscrew for threading is probably also metric, a 25mm X 6mm pitch leadscrew; you should confirm this. This means you can cut metric threads and use the half nuts if you have the Emco thread dial indicator that has metric gears on it. Cutting Imperial threads on a lathe with a metric leadscrew is possible with the right gear train but you can't use the half nuts and that is a problem when threading to a shoulder because you have to stop the lathe in time to avoid crashing.

The bottom line is that you have a metric lathe with all metric screws. You can use a DRO to overcome the cross slide, compound and saddle feed issues but the threading thing may become a problem if you do Imperial threading. It can be done but it is cumbersome. One option is to change the leadscrew to an Imperial Emco leadscrew and install the Imperial gear set. Then install a DRO on three axes and you should be okay.

Yes at one time I'm sure we had jaws. If I can find out style, make, model. I'll get some jaws.

Back