Vaccine

Yes exactly, there is zero room for the injected fluid, if injected slowly it will start migrating into the tissue. At the speed of which it is delivered the ball of liquid is forced to make room for it's self. plus there is the matter of if the liquid is an irritant also. IM injections are kept at 1cc or less for these reasons.

Second vaccine shot today..all is well so far

I have had both of my shots. I am a regulator PLATELET donor, every three weeks 26 gallons to my credit, and now I test positive for the COVID 19 antibodies. the only side-effects I had was when I walked across the ceiling I ran into the fan and hurt my shin (smile)

The really small syringe helps to cut down on wastage of the vaccine that is left over in the space between the plunger and needle end of the syringe. It helps to get about 1 extra shot out of each vial of medicine. I believe you are right RJSakowski about the volume hurting. When I took allergy shots, the doc split the dosage into two syringes, one in each arm so it wouldn't hurt so much afterwards.

My second vax of Moderna was a two weeks ago. I only had a sore arm on shot #1. Shot #2, Friday morning, gave me a day of mild body aches and chills, but it didn't prohibit me from doing my chores. By Sunday morning I was back to normal. I'm bummed I didn't get Spidey senses fixit did. At least my shins don't hurt. :grin:

I left work this morning and drove over to the Delta Air Lines Flight Museum...

20210322_073136.jpg

It is closed currently... they have set up a mass vaccination center there. I went in and received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine...

I haven't been there in @20 years... I'll have to go after it opens back up... they have really built a nice museum with several aircraft, including a DC-3, DC-7, Huff-Daland, 767, 747, and several others on display.

-Bear

Had my first one last week, I'm scheduled for the second shot the second week of April.
I must admit, I'm looking forward to having this behind me.
I had a sore arm and was cold-tired the first couple days after #1.-Maderna

Back