value of round column bench mill

alan camby

Active User
Registered
I have a Central Machinery T-2119 round column drill/mill that I am wanting to put on Craigslist.
Does anyone know the value of these machines? Mine was made in Taiwan and the 2hp motor has a date of 1990.
It is all stock without a DRO, power feed, or any other add-ons. It does have a nice homemade steel stand.

Any ideas what a good starting price would be? I just spent 10 hours cleaning it up. Took the table off and cleaned and lubed everything.

It looks just like and specs out the same as a Grizzly G1006 http://www.grizzly.com/products/2-HP-Mill-Drill/G1006

I want to sell this and get a new machine without the round column.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Alan

Last edited:
last weekend I got a similar machine, similar vintage with a handful of collets and a old vice for $1200. I don't know if it was a deal or not but its what the man wanted and I was willing to pay. it probably depends a lot on where you are in the world. . . . . the replacement I think is around $1500. mine looks to be pretty much lightly used. we will see. . . .

Thanks David, that helps.

I bought the machine for $250 about 5 years ago. It was stored in a barn and was very dirty. All the ways were sticky and needed some cleanup work to get it working properly. I spent about 2 or 3 hours getting it to a point where it would function properly again but never cleaned all the oil and grease stains on the casting. Just this last week I pulled it away from the wall and finally cleaned and oiled it up to make it funtion and look the best that it could.

I know a lot of guys are selling these things. Just curious what everyone is getting for them. Seems that every machinery company is selling a version of this style mill.

Thanks

I had one just like you described I had all the tooling including vise about the same year as well I got $600 for it.

oh aaarrrggggg !

When you live in the middle of no where with nothing but trees around you, you have to pay a little extra. But it is worth it for that pleasure. LOL

well, the man said "this is how much I want for it" and I said ok. your right, it was close to where we pipe in sunlight just to see. . . . . . . and it is less than I would have paid for the one that I still have on order.

still not done installing the remote reading DRO yet. hopefully today I can bend up the guard im building around it. . . . . then some pictures. I hope.

I have a Central Machinery T-2119 round column drill/mill that I am wanting to put on Craigslist.
Does anyone know the value of these machines? Mine was made in Taiwan and the 2hp motor has a date of 1990.
It is all stock without a DRO, power feed, or any other add-ons. It does have a nice homemade steel stand.

Any ideas what a good starting price would be? I just spent 10 hours cleaning it up. Took the table off and cleaned and lubed everything.

It looks just like and specs out the same as a Grizzly G1006 http://www.grizzly.com/products/2-HP-Mill-Drill/G1006

I want to sell this and get a new machine without the round column.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Alan
I would start at $800.00.I have a Grizzly 1007.I bought it new 2 years ago.

Back