VN Van Norman 12 has landed!

John TV

Registered
Registered
The Van Norman 12 has landed "softly"in my garage! Awesome!

Ok, just wanted to say thank you for all the great machinery moving advice. Especially Cal Haines and all your great descriptive pallet and jacking advice which I followed almost to the letter. It worked wonderfully.
All the responses gave me a feeling of confidence and Darrel your advice on having more than one plan was also followed as we had a bobcat with forks standing by just in case the pallet jack idea didn't pan out. Darrel your offer to help me move the machine was generous and welcome. As it turned out I got a lot of help from the seller. I found a few places that serve that chunky gas station Coffey you were looking for. I'm hoping I can bribe you with that coffee to come down someday to actually assess the condition of the machine once I get it powered up and running. Having someone with experience help me figure out the strengths and weaknesses of this particular machine would be awesome.

Now, get 3 phase power and a shoe horn to squeeze it into tight quarters.

Thanks to all of you again.
c04a6ddddea79114ca531fdc09c0b840.jpg
4349920900d83261ab2196e031202e44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a beast. Congratulations.

Nice pallet! Did you take any photos of how you got it up on the pallet?

Nice pallet! Did you take any photos of how you got it up on the pallet?

Sorry Cal, I got caught up in the process of building it and forgot to take pictures. I used your suggestion of making plywood spacers and cement paver blocks to raise it high enough to build the pallet. I also followed your suggestion of all thread to bolt I down so I wouldn't have to worry about bolt length. It worked great!

Now I have to get a buddy to help me reverse the pallet rprocess but I'm not anticipating any problems if I take my time.

I still need to order the rotary phase converter control panel. I purchased the idler motor from the same person who sold me the mill, so that's the next step, getting the power up and running .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice machine glad everything has gone smoothly in the move. Lots of RPC builds on here. I too need to build mine . I love the van Norman mills. Number 12 is a perfect size too.

Congrats on acquiring a nice machine.
We have a lot of info on here, and more in downloads for premium members.

Cal is a great source of information.

Back